Serious Discussion Xylent Antivirus

XylentAntivirus

Level 2
May 9, 2024
Hi @XylentAntivirus

Thank you very much for your infos

11. Can you make an installer please or an exe file to run see Xsec Antimalware

Mops21
Old Real-time protection version have executable at this version it doesn't have executable and at demo. But if you want I can create executable or you can compile yourself easily. Even if I create executable for Windows you need install second engine which is a ClamAV or I need to handle that. ClamAV actually have very poor detection rate but I using unoffical signatures and YARA rules also machine learning.

Mops21

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Old Real-time protection version have executable at this version it doesn't have executable and at demo. But if you want I can create executable or you can compile yourself easily. Even if I create executable for Windows you need install second engine which is a ClamAV or I need to handle that. ClamAV actually have very poor detection rate but I using unoffical signatures and YARA rules also machine learning.
Hi @XylentAntivirus

I have ClamAV on my PC that was into the SecureAPlus Setup into previous Versions

Yes you can create an exe File or you can make an Video to Install your software

Mops21

Trident

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Machine learning in the form of static analysis? Do you have dynamic emulator at the moment? Because just static analysis will be very inefficient, specially on packers and other heavily-obfuscated code. Do you have binary disassembly logics? What files does your ML target?

XylentAntivirus

Level 2
May 9, 2024
Machine learning in the form of static analysis? Do you have dynamic emulator at the moment? Because just static analysis will be very inefficient, specially on packers and other heavily-obfuscated code. Do you have binary disassembly logics? What files does your ML target?
It triggers based on file features. Also I removed dynamic analyis features because I want to focus on optional scanner
Hi @XylentAntivirus

I have ClamAV on my PC that was into the SecureAPlus Setup into previous Versions

Yes you can create an exe File or you can make an Video to Install your software

Mops21

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO2onAJqNQE Here is the video don't forget to copy database folder to C:\Program Files\ClamAV\database also don't forget to copy freshclam config file at clamavconfig folder

Reactions: Trident

XylentAntivirus

Level 2
May 9, 2024
How will you extract features on packed executable?
Good question. It detects less features from packed executable but still able to scan it (I don't think it's going to detect it). Machine learning normaly detects too much stuff but with my update it only detects few stuff with very low false positive rate. I need improve more it just only better than ClamAV not other ones.

Reactions: Trident

Trident

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Good question. It detects less features from packed executable but still able to scan it (I don't think it's going to detect it). Machine learning normaly detects too much stuff but with my update it only detects few stuff with very low false positive rate. I need improve more it just only better than ClamAV not other ones.
This is why, in addition to static analysis and Yara rules, you will need dynamic analysis that is able to run code (maybe portions of it) in virtual environment, as well as you will probably need binary disassembler. Otherwise you will be unable to deal with packers. Majority of your features are probably system imports and executable structure related. You will need to take your time and look at that.

• +Reputation
Reactions: simmerskool

Mops21

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
It triggers based on file features. Also I removed dynamic analyis features because I want to focus on optional scanner

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO2onAJqNQE Here is the video don't forget to copy database folder to C:\Program Files\ClamAV\database also don't forget to copy freshclam config file at clamavconfig folder
Hi @XylentAntivirus

I will wait for an Installer File i think

Mops21

XylentAntivirus

Level 2
May 9, 2024
Web heuristics added. I using Snort. I actually don't want create installer. Because end-users can compile this antivirus and can learn somethings.

Mops21

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
You can see changelog at releases but it's at demo. You can install easily to Windows actually if you learn it.
Hi @XylentAntivirus

1. Will you release a Beta and a RC Version and a Final Version when yes any plans for dates when you will release that

2. And any infos for an Roadmap

3. What will you add any plans or infos available

4. Any software reviews available

Mops21

Reactions: XylentAntivirus

XylentAntivirus

Level 2
May 9, 2024
Hi @XylentAntivirus

1. Will you release a Beta and a RC Version and a Final Version when yes any plans for dates when you will release that

2. And any infos for an Roadmap

3. What will you add any plans or infos available

4. Any software reviews available

Mops21
1) In future probably I'm going to release beta version.
2) At demo my goal is currently make more stable this program then I'm going to add new features.
3) I think I should create good documation about this antivirus
4) Currently no.
Okay I added website heuristics and it's working but compiling this antivirus is pretty complex.

Mops21

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
1) In future probably I'm going to release beta version.
2) At demo my goal is currently make more stable this program then I'm going to add new features.
3) I think I should create good documation about this antivirus
4) Currently no.
Okay I added website heuristics and it's working but compiling this antivirus is pretty complex.
Hi @XylentAntivirus

I will wait and watch your posts here for an update

Mops21

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.