Yahoo Redirect not fixing

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinity_wrap

Thread author
Jan 24, 2021
Hi so um every time I clicked a link in google, it would redirect my search query to yahoo. I tried everything, I scanned my computer with malware bytes, nothing came up. I reset my settings, deleted cookies, and history. However, the problem persists, please help ASAP.

struppigel

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Apr 9, 2020
I am Karsten and will gladly help you with any malware-related problems.

Please familiarize yourself with the following ground rules before you start.
  • Read my instructions thoroughly, carry out each step in the given order.
  • Do not make any changes to your system, or run any tools other than those I provided. Do not delete, fix, uninstall, or install anything unless I tell you to.
  • If you are unsure about anything or if you encounter any problems, please stop and inform me about it.
  • Stick with me until I tell you that your computer is clean. Absence of symptoms does not mean that your computer is free of malware.
  • Back up important files before we start.
  • Note: On weekends I might be slow to reply
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) Scan
  • Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save the file to your Desktop. (Note: choose the right version 64 or 32 bit for your operating system, only one will run)
  • Double-click FRST.exe or FRST64.exe to run the programme.
  • Click Yes to the disclaimer.
  • Ensure the Addition.txt box is checked.
  • Click the Scan button and let the programme run.
  • Upon completion, click OK, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen.
  • Two logs (FRST.txt & Addition.txt) will now be open on your Desktop. Attach or copy and paste both logs in your next reply.

struppigel

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Apr 9, 2020
Are you still with me? If you don't reply within 3 days, I will close this thread so I can continue to help others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.