• FRST.txt
    38.3 KB · Views: 67

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hi,

Before we begin, I want you to have this in mind:
  • At the top of your post, please click on the "Watch thread" button and make sure to check Watch this thread...and receive email notifications. This will send an email to you as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing me to solve your problem faster.
  • Please do not install any new software during the cleaning process other than the tools I provide for you. This can hinder the cleaning process. Please do not perform System Restore or any other restore.
  • Instructions I give to you are very simple and made for complete beginner to follow. That's why you need to read through my instructions carefully and completely before executing them.
  • Please do not run any tools other than the ones I ask you to, when I ask you to. Some of these tools can be very dangerous if used improperly. Also, if you use a tool that I have not requested you use, it can cause false positives, thereby delaying the complete cleaning of your machine.
  • All tools we use here are completely clean and do not contain any malware. If your antivirus detects them as malicious, please disable your antivirus and then continue.
  • If during the process you run across anything that is not in my instructions, please stop and ask. If any tool is running too much time (few hours), please stop and inform me.
  • I visit forum several times at day, making sure to respond to everyone's topic as fast as possible. But bear in mind that I have private life like everyone and I cannot be here 24/7. So please be patient with me. Also, some infections require less, and some more time to be removed completely, so bear this in mind and be patient.
  • Please stay with me until the end of all steps and procedures and I declare your system clean. Just because there is a lack of symptoms does not indicate a clean machine. If you solved your problem yourself, set aside two minutes to let me know.
  • Please attach all report using
    fjqb1h.png
    button below. Doing this, you make it easier for me to analyze and fix your problem.

51a612a8b27e2-Zoek.png
Scan with ZOEK

Please download ZOEK by Smeenk and save it to your desktop (preferred version is the *.exe one)
Temporary disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware protection - instructions here.

• Right-click on
    51a612a8b27e2-Zoek.png
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Wait patiently until the main console will appear, it may take a minute or two.
  • In the main box please paste in the following script:
    Code:
    createsrpoint;
    Yahoo;a
    Yahoo;z
  • Make sure that Scan All Users option is checked.[/*]
  • Push Run Script and wait patiently. The scan may take a couple of minutes.
  • When the scan completes, a zoek-results logfile should open in notepad.
  • If a reboot is needed, it will be opened after it. You may also find it at your main drive (usually C:\ drive)

Post its content into your next reply.

spudb0y

Thread author
Jul 30, 2014
THANK YOU!!

Zoek.exe v5.0.0.0 Updated 31-07-2014
Tool run by chris on Thu 07/31/2014 at 11:23:20.90.
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 x64
Running in: Normal Mode Internet Access Detected
Launched: C:\Users\chris\Desktop\zoek.exe [Scan all users] [Script inserted]

==== System Restore Info ======================

7/31/2014 11:24:02 AM Zoek.exe System Restore Point Created Succesfully.

==== Folders Found ======================

2014-07-28 18:20:25 2014-07-28 18:20:25 -------- d-----w- C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\CTG8GGP5\login.yahoo.com
2014-07-28 18:20:25 2014-07-28 18:20:25 -------- d-----w- C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\CTG8GGP5\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\#login.yahoo.com

==== Files Found ======================

--- C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\CTG8GGP5\l.yimg.com\com.yahoo.yep.sol ---
Company: ------
File Description: ------
File Version: ------
Product Name: ------
Copyright: ------
Original Filename: ------
File type: ----a-w-
File size: 54
Created time: 2014-02-25 20:55:00
Modified time: 2014-02-25 20:55:00
MD5: DD1B9267261B724A5805D9401E5ADAE0
SHA1: 09110A0DC0EE4DBA67E4418DCBE12DDEE8D6A898

==== Registry Search Results for "Yahoo" ======================

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_DISABLE_UNICODE_HANDLE_CLOSING_CALLBACK]
"YahooMusicEngine.exe"=dword:00000001

==== C:\zoek_backup content ======================

C:\zoek_backup (files=0 folders=0 0 bytes)

==== EOF on Thu 07/31/2014 at 11:26:26.75 ======================

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
51a612a8b27e2-Zoek.png
Scan with ZOEK

Temporary disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware protection - instructions here.

• Right-click on
    51a612a8b27e2-Zoek.png
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Wait patiently until the main console will appear, it may take a minute or two.
  • In the main box please paste in the following script:
    Code:
    createsrpoint;
    C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\CTG8GGP5\login.yahoo.com;fs
    C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\CTG8GGP5\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\#login.yahoo.com;fs
    C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\CTG8GGP5\l.yimg.com\com.yahoo.yep.sol;f
    chrdefaults;
    autoclean;
    emtpyalltemp;
  • Make sure that Scan All Users option is checked.
  • Push Run Script and wait patiently. The scan may take a couple of minutes.
  • When the scan completes, a zoek-results logfile should open in notepad.
  • If a reboot is needed, it will be opened after it. You may also find it at your main drive (usually C:\ drive)

Post its content into your next reply.

spudb0y

Thread author
Jul 30, 2014
Zoek.exe v5.0.0.0 Updated 31-07-2014
Tool run by chris on Thu 07/31/2014 at 11:56:07.74.
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 x64
Running in: Normal Mode Internet Access Detected
Launched: C:\Users\chris\Desktop\zoek.exe [Scan all users] [Script inserted]

==== Older Logs ======================

C:\zoek-results2014-07-31-162626.log 1842 bytes

==== System Restore Info ======================

7/31/2014 11:56:34 AM Zoek.exe System Restore Point Created Succesfully.

==== Deleting CLSID Registry Keys ======================

==== Deleting CLSID Registry Values ======================

==== Deleting Services ======================

==== Deleting Files \ Folders ======================

C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\CTG8GGP5\login.yahoo.com deleted
C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\CTG8GGP5\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\#login.yahoo.com deleted
C:\Users\chris\Searches deleted
C:\Windows\SysNative\config\systemprofile\Searches deleted
C:\Windows\SysWow64\AI_RecycleBin deleted
"C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\CTG8GGP5\l.yimg.com\com.yahoo.yep.sol" deleted
"C:\Users\chris\AppData\Roaming\DMCache" deleted

==== Chrome Look ======================

Bejeweled - chris\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\adpkifcfcacgmnggcbpbjbkdijciiigm
Google Voice Search Hotword (Beta) - chris\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\bepbmhgboaologfdajaanbcjmnhjmhfn
AdBlock - chris\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom
Social Fixer for Facebook - chris\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\ifmhoabcaeehkljcfclfiieohkohdgbb

==== Chrome Fix ======================

C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\http_lyrics.wikia.com_0.localstorage deleted successfully
C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\http_lyrics.wikia.com_0.localstorage-journal deleted successfully
C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\http_www.azlyrics.com_0.localstorage deleted successfully
C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\http_www.azlyrics.com_0.localstorage-journal deleted successfully
C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\http_www.lyricsfreak.com_0.localstorage deleted successfully
C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\http_www.lyricsfreak.com_0.localstorage-journal deleted successfully

==== Set IE to Default ======================

Old Values:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
"Start Page"="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=255141"

New Values:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
"Start Page"="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=255141"

==== All HKCU SearchScopes ======================

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes
"DefaultScope"="{0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A}"
{012E1000-F331-11DB-8314-0800200C9A66} Google Url="http://www.google.com/search?q={searchTerms}"
{0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A} Bing Url="http://www.bing.com/search?q={searchTerms}&src=IE-SearchBox&FORM=IE11SR"

==== Reset Google Chrome ======================

C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences was reset successfully
C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web Data was reset successfully

==== Deleting Registry Keys ======================

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\LogMeIn Hamachi Ui deleted successfully

==== Empty IE Cache ======================

C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5 emptied successfully
C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5 emptied successfully
C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5 emptied successfully
C:\Windows\SysNative\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5 emptied successfully
C:\Windows\sysWoW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5 emptied successfully
C:\Windows\sysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5 emptied successfully

==== Empty FireFox Cache ======================

No FireFox Profiles found

==== Empty Chrome Cache ======================

C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache emptied successfully

==== Empty All Flash Cache ======================

Flash Cache Emptied Successfully

==== Empty All Java Cache ======================

Java Cache cleared successfully

==== C:\zoek_backup content ======================

C:\zoek_backup (files=15 folders=15 24759 bytes)

==== Empty Temp Folders ======================

C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\Temp will be emptied at reboot
C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Temp emptied successfully
C:\Users\Default User\AppData\Local\Temp emptied successfully
C:\Windows\serviceprofiles\networkservice\AppData\Local\Temp emptied successfully
C:\Windows\serviceprofiles\Localservice\AppData\Local\Temp emptied successfully
C:\Windows\Temp will be emptied at reboot

==== After Reboot ======================

==== Empty Temp Folders ======================

C:\Windows\Temp successfully emptied
C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\Temp successfully emptied

==== Empty Recycle Bin ======================

C:\$RECYCLE.BIN successfully emptied

==== EOF on Thu 07/31/2014 at 15:08:54.01 ======================

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
51a46ae42d560-malwarebytes_anti_malware.png
Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Please re-run
51a46ae42d560-malwarebytes_anti_malware.png
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

• First of all, select update.
  • Once updated, click the Settings tab, in the left panel choose Detctions & protection and tick Scan for rootkits.
  • Click the Scan tab, choose Threat Scan is checked and click Scan Now.
  • If threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button. You will now be prompted to reboot. Click Yes.
  • Upon completion of the scan (or after the reboot), click the History tab.
  • Click Application Logs and double-click the newest Scan Log.
  • At the bottom click Export and choose Text file.
Save the file to your desktop and include its content in your next reply.

spudb0y

Thread author
Jul 30, 2014
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
www.malwarebytes.org

Scan Date: 8/1/2014
Scan Time: 9:44:30 AM
Logfile: latest scan.txt
Administrator: Yes

Version: 2.00.2.1012
Malware Database: v2014.08.01.03
Rootkit Database: v2014.07.17.01
License: Premium
Malware Protection: Enabled
Malicious Website Protection: Enabled
Self-protection: Disabled

CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: chris

Scan Type: Threat Scan
Result: Completed
Objects Scanned: 285350
Time Elapsed: 7 min, 18 sec

Memory: Enabled
Startup: Enabled
Filesystem: Enabled
Archives: Enabled
Rootkits: Enabled
Heuristics: Enabled
PUP: Warn
PUM: Enabled

Processes: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Modules: 0

Registry Keys: 0

Registry Values: 0

Registry Data: 0

Folders: 0

Files: 0

Physical Sectors: 0

(end)

Attachments

• latest scan.txt
    1 KB · Views: 52

spudb0y

Thread author
Jul 30, 2014
Google is set as default and has been. I even deleted all other possible search engines even though they weren't selected when I was trying to isolate the problem. Omnibox search is still set to google.com.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Below you will find my thoughts about securing your machine. Go ahead through it, you will benefit from some useful advice about safe computing.

Recommended reading:
icon_exclaim.gif
MUST READ - security tips: Computer Security - a short guide to staying safer online. Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet
icon_exclaim.gif
MUST READ - general maintenance: What to do if your Computer is running slowly?

Recommended additional software:
icon_arrow.gif
TFC - to clean unneeded temporary files.
icon_arrow.gif
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - to scan your system from time to time in search for malware.
icon_arrow.gif
Malwarebytes' Anti-Exploit - to prevent plenty of mostly exploited vulnerabilities.
icon_arrow.gif
McShield - to prevent infections spread by removable media.
icon_arrow.gif
CryptoPrevent - to secure yourself from very severe CryptoLocker infection.
icon_arrow.gif
Unchecky - to prevent from installing additional foistware, implemented in legitimate installations.

The following will implement some post-cleanup procedures:

=> Please download DelFix by Xplode to your Desktop.

Run the tool and check the following boxes below;
checkmark.png
Remove disinfection tools
checkmark.png
Create registry backup
checkmark.png
Purge System Restore

Click Run button and wait a few seconds for the programme completes his work.
At this point all the tools we used here should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt)

The tool will also record healthy state of registry and make a backup using ERUNT program in %windir%\ERUNT\DelFix
Tool deletes old system restore points and create a fresh system restore point after cleaning.

My help is free for everybody.
If you're happy with the help provided and/or wish to buy me a beer for the assistance you received, then you can consider a donation:
Thank you!​

Stay safe,
TwinHeadedEagle :)

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Since this issue appears to be resolved, I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please contact me or any staff member with the address of the thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.