Yahoo Spigot removal

Mike N

Thread author
Verified
Feb 19, 2014
I removed something Spigot related along with some other none essential programs. I think I already ran adwcleaner before after reading one of your other thread but I attached the new one and also attached all the programs I currently have installed.

Attachments

• AdwCleaner[S1].txt
    1 KB · Views: 69
  • ProgramsInstalled.pdf
    37.8 KB · Views: 64

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Download attached fixlist.txt on the same location as FRST (otherwise the fix won't work)

Open FRST, and click Fix. Attach me that report after it is finished.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    1 KB · Views: 175

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Download attached fixlist.txt on the same location as FRST (otherwise the fix won't work)

Open FRST, and click Fix. Attach me that report after it is finished. Tell me how is the situation now? Can you now change home page manually?

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    495 bytes · Views: 71

Mike N

Thread author
Verified
Feb 19, 2014
Nope, still switches back to yahoo spigot.

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    912 bytes · Views: 65

Mike N

Thread author
Verified
Feb 19, 2014
Sorry, thought i attached it the other day.

Attachments

• zoek-results.txt
    20.5 KB · Views: 84

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Re-run Zoek with this script

Code:
C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 7\Database\yahoo.xml;f
C:\Users\Darrian Laptop\AppData\Local\Yahoo;fs
C:\Users\Darrian Laptop\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Virtualized\C\ProgramData\Yahoo! Companion;fs
C:\Users\Darrian Laptop\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Virtualized\C\Users\Darrian Laptop\AppData\Local\Yahoo;fs
[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3952829014-35692300-495337816-1001\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs];r
"url1"="";r
[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3952829014-35692300-495337816-1001\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs];r
"url2"="";r
C:\Users\Darrian Laptop\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\3P23MMXK\login.yahoo.com;f
C:\Users\Darrian Laptop\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\3P23MMXK\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\#login.yahoo.com;f

Mike N

Thread author
Verified
Feb 19, 2014
Still switches back to Yahoo Spigot home page.

Attachments

• zoek-results.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 112

Mike N

Thread author
Verified
Feb 19, 2014
Just tried it again. Had tried before. No luck, just goes back to Yahoo Spigot home page. Is there a way to completely delete the current version of IE and install a different/older one?

Mike N

Thread author
Verified
Feb 19, 2014
Holy crap. That finally fixed it. So frustrating cuz I deleted a bunch of programs early on thinking maybe they were causing it but not that one. Thanks!!!

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
I am glad we fixed this :)

I can recommend you this software to avoid Adware in the future:

http://unchecky.com/

Read here how it works --> http://www.howtogeek.com/179758/how-to-avoid-junkware-offers-with-unchecky/

The following will implement some post-cleanup procedures:

=> Please download DelFix by Xplode to your Desktop.

Run the tool and check the following boxes below;
checkmark.png
Remove disinfection tools
checkmark.png
Create registry backup
checkmark.png
Purge System Restore

Click Run button and wait a few seconds for the programme completes his work.
At this point all the tools we used here should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt)

The tool will also record healthy state of registry and make a backup using ERUNT program in %windir%\ERUNT\DelFix
Tool deletes old system restore points and create a fresh system restore point after cleaning.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.