Yamdex.net malware redirects my omnibox searchs to "mail.ru", help

Status
Not open for further replies.

megatonante

Thread author
Jun 28, 2015
I will upload those two files from FRST.

I must say that I have two hard drives on this computer. Google Chrome is installed on C:, and I run FRST in C:

Basically, is the same problem of the guy who opened this thread: http://malwaretips.com/threads/yamdex-net-adware-malware-google-chrome.46044/

I decided to open a different thread because of the warnings saying that I should not follow instructions given to other people.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    36.6 KB · Views: 14
  • FRST.txt
    67.4 KB · Views: 15

megatonante

Thread author
Jun 28, 2015
How can I edit my post? I just wanted to add that I do not know how I got infected by the virus because the computer was used by my father. Definitely not Football Manager like the user in my link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.