Yandex trovi.com!

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
I have just installed Yandex browser. Every time I search for sth using the search bar, Kaspersky blocks the result. The default search engine is set to Bing.com by default but the link is altered (trovi.com). The issue disappears when switching to other search engines!

yan.PNGScreenshot (3).png

I have just installed Yandex browser. Every time I search for sth using the search bar, Kaspersky blocks the result. The default search engine is set to Bing.com by default but the link is altered (trovi.com). The issue disappears when switching to other search engines!

View attachment 197887View attachment 197888

Yandex bundles Trovi. This is known.

Example of similar experiences are all over the net,

trovi.com causes MB to block address bar search in Yandex Browser

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
All Opera forks bundle Trovi, I guess it is mandatory, if they want to use Opera patents, like Opera Turbo.

I could not delete Bing from search engine and whenever I try to add Bing, it get manipulated
Set other search engine as default, then remove Bing, then visit Bing webpage, search for something and then you can add Bing.

Attachments

• capture_09232018_121058.jpg
    capture_09232018_121058.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 464

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
All Opera forks bundle Trovi, I guess it is mandatory, if they want to use Opera patents, like Opera Turbo.

Set other search engine as default, then remove Bing, then visit Bing webpage, search for something and then you can add Bing.

I did exactly as you mentioned. Anyway I have uninstalled Yandex as I can't live with this nonsense

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
Why? Why Bing? This is the question.

I just don't know,mate:emoji_disappointed:... As far as I understand, Yandex priortizes russian market & in russia yandex & google is two most used search engines. Most likely they just had to make a deal with trovi & trovi just chose the bing. Anyway, did you notice any other disturbing thing other than this?

Last edited:

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
I just don't know,mate:emoji_disappointed:... As far as I understand, Yandex priortizes russian market & in russia yandex & google is two most used search engines. Most likely they just had to make a deal with trovi & trovi just chose the bing. Anyway, did you notice any other disturbing things other than this?
You mean about the browser? The browser is amazing! It’s stable and fast. I’ll install it again on my old system for further testing.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Slightly mischievous that Yandex is redirecting all Bing search results through Trovi. I was looking at new Web Browsers to use for my new rugged laptop which comes this week. Looks like Yandex is being withdrawn. I'll take a look at Vivaldi!

~LDogg

Reactions: Al-Faqir

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Slightly mischievous that Yandex is redirecting all Bing search results through Trovi. I was looking at new Web Browsers to use for my new rugged laptop which comes this week. Looks like Yandex is being withdrawn. I'll take a look at Vivaldi!

~LDogg

Vivaldi is my favourite.

Reactions: LDogg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.