Status
Not open for further replies.
I

illumination

I have seen a lot of people with there UAC disabled lately, and am wondering if it is because of the "Windows Tweak Guides" all over the net?

I personally recommend turning it back on, it is an important part of your computers defenses. I am also confused with the "waiting" for CIS, does this mean it is installed or not installed?

I would also advise back up of some form.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff member
Thanks for sharing your config :)
What are you using now, waiting for CIS 7 to come out?

Y

yigido

Thanks for your suggestiions ;) I do not love using UAC. I am not using any AV now.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff member
Thanks for your suggestiions ;) I do not love using UAC. I am not using any AV now.
Well... common sense could protect you but I suggest you to install some or just to turn on UAC before CIS 7 comes out...

I

illumination

UAC however annoying, enabled, restricts changes made to your important system files ect, without your approval, i would seriously recommend a little research on this before final decision.

Y

yigido

Well... common sense could protect you but I suggest you to install some or just to turn on UAC before CIS 7 comes out...
Thanks Murdar ;) Your username is really common name in Turkey as "Murat" :D
I have a question, if I do not use any AV. What happen to my PC ?

UAC however annoying, enabled, restricts changes made to your important system files ect, without your approval, i would seriously recommend a little research on this before final decision.
OK.
EDIT : now turned on UAC (and searching about it ;) )

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff member
Thanks Murdar ;) Your username is really common name in Turkey as "Murat" :D
I have a question, if I do not use any AV. What happen to my PC ?

OK.
EDIT : now turned on UAC (and searching about it ;) )
:D
People used to call my grandfather murdar who was a butcher. It's a Arabian-Turkish word taken in Serbian and I think it means something like nasty or filthy (correct me if I'm wrong).
And yes, really bad things can happen if you are not using any AV :)

ZeroDay

Level 29
Verified
Malware Tester
I'm glad you've turned on UAC. I'd just install CIS 6 for now while you wait for version 7 beta. I would also consider EMET.

Gnosis

I like UAC for novice-intermediate users.

A behavior blocker that is graphic (graphic photo friendly) like UAC would be nice. I do not know what one that would be. Then you could train it, or not. A lot of behavior blockers are allowed to be intimidating by some users. It is all about reading carefully before you allow or deny, and constructing your white-list.

HitMan Pro allows a free malware removal one time. Regardless, it is nice to have. It scans quick and usually finds what MBAM does and then some. In under 3 minutes you can see if you are infected or not. It has a nice cloud from Emsisoft and Kaspersky too.

Status
Not open for further replies.