yigido's Config

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

illumination

Thread author
I have seen a lot of people with there UAC disabled lately, and am wondering if it is because of the "Windows Tweak Guides" all over the net?

I personally recommend turning it back on, it is an important part of your computers defenses. I am also confused with the "waiting" for CIS, does this mean it is installed or not installed?

I would also advise back up of some form.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Thanks for sharing your config :)
What are you using now, waiting for CIS 7 to come out?

Y

yigido

Thread author
Thanks for your suggestiions ;) I do not love using UAC. I am not using any AV now.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Thanks for your suggestiions ;) I do not love using UAC. I am not using any AV now.
Well... common sense could protect you but I suggest you to install some or just to turn on UAC before CIS 7 comes out...

I

illumination

Thread author

UAC however annoying, enabled, restricts changes made to your important system files ect, without your approval, i would seriously recommend a little research on this before final decision.

Y

yigido

Thread author
Well... common sense could protect you but I suggest you to install some or just to turn on UAC before CIS 7 comes out...
Thanks Murdar ;) Your username is really common name in Turkey as "Murat" :D
I have a question, if I do not use any AV. What happen to my PC ?

UAC however annoying, enabled, restricts changes made to your important system files ect, without your approval, i would seriously recommend a little research on this before final decision.
OK.
EDIT : now turned on UAC (and searching about it ;) )

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Thanks Murdar ;) Your username is really common name in Turkey as "Murat" :D
I have a question, if I do not use any AV. What happen to my PC ?

OK.
EDIT : now turned on UAC (and searching about it ;) )
:D
People used to call my grandfather murdar who was a butcher. It's a Arabian-Turkish word taken in Serbian and I think it means something like nasty or filthy (correct me if I'm wrong).
And yes, really bad things can happen if you are not using any AV :)

Reactions: yigido

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I'm glad you've turned on UAC. I'd just install CIS 6 for now while you wait for version 7 beta. I would also consider EMET.

Reactions: yigido

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I like UAC for novice-intermediate users.

A behavior blocker that is graphic (graphic photo friendly) like UAC would be nice. I do not know what one that would be. Then you could train it, or not. A lot of behavior blockers are allowed to be intimidating by some users. It is all about reading carefully before you allow or deny, and constructing your white-list.

HitMan Pro allows a free malware removal one time. Regardless, it is nice to have. It scans quick and usually finds what MBAM does and then some. In under 3 minutes you can see if you are infected or not. It has a nice cloud from Emsisoft and Kaspersky too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.