Yoda's Setup (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jul 26, 2017
Backup strategy is ok, but sounds like there's a good chance that you may lose out on some data if it's once a month.

You should either increase the frequency, or supplement with a snapshot tool like Rollback Rx. Either works, but you probably don't want to restore a backup and find you're out for (potentially) a month's worth of data.
I am syncing my data daily with FreeFileSync.
At least once per month (usually 2-3 per month) is the full backup strategy for system and apps.
;)

Reactions: JHomes and SHvFl
D

Deleted member 178

Enable UAC
Consider adding an on demand scanner(s) other than your real time protection.
Consider migrating to Windows 10.
Edit your config with any changes.
Thanks for sharing your config :)
this sum it all , and i agree.

Reactions: SHvFl

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
I have Smartscreen enabled to my windows 7, but there is no "Windows 7 smartscreen" option in the config drop down list. Only "Windows 10 smartscreen"
:p
Once there was this option: "Smartscreen for IE (Windows 7)" or something similar

Reactions: Yoda
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.