Youtube Autoplay Disable

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Nowadays Youtube autoplays next video on completion of the video.
I disabled the autoplay on the top right of Youtube. But after browser restart I have to do this everytime.
How to disable autoplay permanently?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Don't clear the cookies, or enable click to run plugin. It may be different for HTML5 webpages.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Don't clear the cookies, or enable click to run plugin. It may be different for HTML5 webpages.
Cookies thing worked.
But I set chrome to keep local data until you quit your browser & this removes everything after browser quit.
So cookies - under manage exceptions - I set [*.]youtube.com & works with the above setting.

Reactions: Logethica and Ink

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Just a little tidbit information where a different expectations when it comes to plugin to play.

1) Before the video runs, you can set the plugin to run in demand instead automatic.

2) Usually that settings to turn off autoplay for the next video is by not deleting all the contents of your browser, therefore don't use private browsing on matter of cases.

3)Extensions mentioned are pretty fine since they can run even in private browsing.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Magic action auto wide feature is a mess. Disabling auto wide won't let youtube video revert back in it's previous layout, clearing cache, does the job.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
So, let me get this straight...rather than a tiny harmless text file, some would rather blow that up and install extensions to nearly accomplish the same result, adding more complexity, potential for vulnerabilities, and attack surface... :confused:

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
So, let me get this straight...rather than a tiny harmless text file, some would rather blow that up and install extensions to nearly accomplish the same result, adding more complexity, potential for vulnerabilities, and attack surface... :confused:
Yes, no need of extensions, etc... when a simple exception gives the desired results.

Reactions: Logethica
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.