Assigned Zemana Anti-Logger doesn't work with Windows 10 even though it says it does

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ald4

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 16, 2014
I have tested latest Zemana Anti-Logger version under Windows 10 with CLT and AKLT.

Suprisingly, Zemana called out 0 (ZERO) alerts in both test applications.

CLT score is the same with Zemana as without it (Clean Windows 10 Pro x64).

Seems like they have released a graphic user interface and they lie to their users about Windows 10 support.

Why does Zemana mislead their users about Windows 10 support?

It does not work at all. I recall there was the same issue with Windows 8.1, and honestly I am afraid to check if they fixed it yet.
zemanalowlevelkeyboardhook.png comodo zemana.png zemanadirectx.png zemanagetkeystate.png

ald4

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 16, 2014
@ald4 Just tried out AKLT against Zemana AntiLogger Free and Zemana worked. No keystrokes captured during the test. :) Seems like free version works fine on Windows 10 (64-bit). :)

Regards,
Kardo

I guess that you did not do it correctly. You are supposed to write text into any input field, not 'nowhere'. Try typing it into IE address bar. It fails. 0 alerts, 0 reaction.

From my point of view, it fails even it's own test.

321.png

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
I guess that you did not do it correctly. You are supposed to write text into any input field, not 'nowhere'.

@ald4 I wrote in Notepad and it was a free version of Zemana.. not the paid one. From my point of view, it works. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

ald4

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 16, 2014
Interesting. @ald4 @Cats-4_Owners-2

1. When I wrote in Chrome then keystroke capture failed.
2. When I wrote in Edge then keystroke capture succeeded.

Another reason to switch browser from Edge to Chrome. :)

Regards,
Kardo

It is still Windows 10 and Chrome protection mechanisms, not Zemana. Zemana does not respond to keylogging hooks at all. There are completely no alerts and no reactions from it. As I said, even CLT score is the same with and without Zemana. It fails all AKLT tests.

Hello @ald4, rather than establishing which member is right I am most interested in determining the reasons behind your testing and @Kardo Kristal's produced different:eek: results!
(*as I play catch up typing from our tablet..:rolleyes:)

Thank you both for sharing your resective research.:):)

Well, I just explained why our results were different. :)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
It is still Windows 10 and Chrome protection mechanisms, not Zemana. Zemana does not respond to keylogging hooks at all. There are completely no alerts and no reactions from it. As I said, even CLT score is the same with and without Zemana. It fails all AKLT tests.

Well, I just explained why our results were different. :)
Yes, I see. Thanks for that.

So, now it appears Zemana has some catching up to do in their development/functionality for Windows 10.
I empathize.: P

Reactions: Kardo Kristal

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
It is still Windows 10 and Chrome protection mechanisms, not Zemana.

@ald4 Actually wrong. I just tested again Zemana AntiLogger Free:
  1. Protection enabled. Wrote in Notepad and Chrome -> Keystroke capture failed
  2. Protection disabled. Wrote in Notepad and Chrome -> Keystroke capture succeeded
It means that Zemana AntiLogger Free protected against keylogger. :)

Please note that Zemana AntiLogger (paid) and Zemana AntiLogger Free are a little bit different products.

Regards,
Kardo

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
What about SpyShelter in this context? I decided from my research a while back that the free version of Zemana AntiLogger was better than free SpyShelter. But what I saw seemed to indicate that paid SpyShelter is better than paid Zemana. And it seems clear to me that anti-keyloggers is one case where you simply can't get a free version that's anywhere near as good as the paid versions. I plan on eventually getting a lifetime deal for paid SpyShelter.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014

iIda15

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 10, 2015
I have tested latest Zemana Anti-Logger version under Windows 10 with CLT and AKLT.

Suprisingly, Zemana called out 0 (ZERO) alerts in both test applications.

CLT score is the same with Zemana as without it (Clean Windows 10 Pro x64).

Seems like they have released a graphic user interface and they lie to their users about Windows 10 support.

Why does Zemana mislead their users about Windows 10 support?

It does not work at all. I recall there was the same issue with Windows 8.1, and honestly I am afraid to check if they fixed it yet.
View attachment 67118 View attachment 67115 View attachment 67116 View attachment 67117

Hello,

First of all we do not mislead our users, nor do we lie. We would never do anything like that, that's not the way we work and we value our users;)

Our products work just perfectly fine with Windows 8.1, Windows 10. Zemana AntiLogger Premium works just perfectly fine with Windows 8.1...not just yet with Windows 10. As Windows 10 was just not yet released, or the "real" version. Our tech team is working on making our AntiLogger run smoothly on Windows 10.

Should you have any issues, or further questions, please feel free to contact our support team: support@zemana.com

Thank you and have a wonderful day :)

Ida

Got an answer from the Business Development Manager at Zemana
Zemana AntiMalware 2 BETA | Page 38 | Wilders Security Forums
"ZAL (Zemana AntiLogger) is not yet compatible with Windows 10 yet, we are working on it as Windows 10 was not publicly released, it was just like a preview."

And it looks like it has been updated recently
"updated last time June 25th, 2015"
Thank you once again :)

Last edited:

iIda15

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 10, 2015
What about SpyShelter in this context? I decided from my research a while back that the free version of Zemana AntiLogger was better than free SpyShelter. But what I saw seemed to indicate that paid SpyShelter is better than paid Zemana. And it seems clear to me that anti-keyloggers is one case where you simply can't get a free version that's anywhere near as good as the paid versions. I plan on eventually getting a lifetime deal for paid SpyShelter.

Hello :)

First of all thank you for your feedback. Like I said before everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

How is paid SpyShelter better than paid Zemana AntiLogger? Can you share that with me please? :)

Zemana AntiLogger Free is a limited version of Zemana AntiLogger Premium. ZAL free will encrypt your keystrokes and make sure that they are only delivered to the targeted application while ZAL premium has many more features than ZAL fee.

Zemana AntiLogger provides a total defense system that includes:
  • Financial Malware Protection
  • IntelliGuard - Cloud Powered Early Response System
  • Keystroke Logging Protection
  • Screen Capture Protection
  • Webcam Hijacking Protection
  • Microphone Hijacking Protection
  • Clipboard Remote Access Protection
  • System Intrusion Protection

Check it out: https://www.zemana.com/AntiLogger

:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.