Zemana anti-malware vs Malwarebytes

taga

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 10, 2016
Hi Guys,

Could I please get some expert advice whether I need to use both Zemana anti-malware and Malwarebytes 3.0?.

Is Zemana anti-malware and Malwarebytes 3.0 the same or different?, which software's more better for internet security?

Reactions: Solarlynx and Cohen

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
you can have them both. they will work in tandem. zemana is way better than malwarebytes if you ask me.

if you have not bought zemana anti-malware yet, i would advice you to buy zemana anti-logger instead. zal + mbam will be real good.

Cohen

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
I would choose Zemana Anti-Malware (or better yet, Anti-Logger) over Malwarebytes.
In my experience, Zemana was lighter on my system than Malwarebytes was. If I remember correctly, Zemana also uses multiple AV engines for its scans.

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
I used MBAM Premium for some time but he came back to Zemana Anti-Malware is lighter and uses more engines to scan the system.
Also in my opinion it's better Zeman but the choice belongs to you.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Zemana has a better detection rate than malwarebytes for sure, but even zemana has some pros and cons. If you don't already have an AV, I suggest choosing one to make it your main AV.

Zemana and Malwarebytes are both companion AVs and can work along side a main AV (even though malwarebytes has stated they are officially calling themselves an AV, their detection rate is still questionable)

Reactions: jerzy601 and ispx

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
I got 66 days left on 4 Malwarebytes Anti-Malware licenses. Currently, I don't even have it installed. Since they just had to fix what wasn't broken in the first place, I'll go for Zemana next time around.

Reactions: ispx and frogboy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.