Assigned Zemana AntiLogger and UAC problem

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cryogent

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
Problem:
I installed Zemana AntiLogger, but at boot startup UAC asks for permission to run, if i not near the computer to give "Yes" Zemana AntiLogger not start, other software run normally on boot.
I do not want to stop UAC just for that.
I can do something Registry settings or do anything to stop it?

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
No problem in my case. I think you uninstall ZAL, remove all traces of ZAL and re-install again

cryogent

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
I did this already.
This problem was from the first time and remain even after reinstall.
On my second pc (laptop) goes well.
Before installation of ZAL,I tried to install ZAM but he uninstalled ZAL ( see the other thread).
After that I uninstalled ZAM with RevoUninstaller / rebooted and installed ZAL again.

cryogent

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
Ok, but i think this is not related to malware analysis to involve @TwinHeadedEagle rather be windows variant/settings or software.

W

Wave

I responded to your question on the other thread, I will quote below: Question - Zemana install dilemma
Just provide consent on the alert by clicking Yes... Problem solved. If you don't want to grant it admin rights then it cannot function properly due to how it works, and you won't be able to use it.

However, it can be automated via usage of the Task Scheduler: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=m...rome..69i57.4404j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 (I thought Zemana did it automatically already though, maybe there is a bug).

Good luck.

Out of interest, do you happen to have a system backup for a time before you installed Zemana AntiLogger? You may wish to consider reverting back, then installing Zemana AntiLogger again and seeing if the same problem arises. It's quite a strange issue since Zemana AntiLogger should be bypassing the UAC prompt automatically (probably via usage of a service or the Task Scheduler).

Ok, but i think this is not related to malware analysis to involve @TwinHeadedEagle rather be windows variant/settings or software.
He is not just good for malware removal but for many other things too, you never know, he may have a solution in store for you... Or, he can forward the problem details over to other Zemana staff (e.g. engineers) directly and get back to you quicker than support (potentially). You never know until you ask/try.

You can try the Task Scheduler method and see if it works, it could be a temporary fix... But please don't make any changes without having a backup, since I'd hate to see you mess something up - contacting Zemana support would be your best bet.

Good luck.

Reactions: cryogent

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I did this already.
This problem was from the first time and remain even after reinstall.
On my second pc (laptop) goes well.
Before installation of ZAL,I tried to install ZAM but he uninstalled ZAL ( see the other thread).
After that I uninstalled ZAM with RevoUninstaller / rebooted and installed ZAL again.
Have to try the methods in the lnk below

Video Review - Best way to Uninstall Antivirus from Windows

Also, Zemana has 2 nasty files which are difficult to remove. Follow the link below to get rid of them

Question - Zemana Uninstall problem

Reactions: cryogent

cryogent

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
Thank you, I will try second link before talk to anyone.
I hope giveaway licence still work after reinstal.

Axelrod Sven

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 11, 2016
This happened to me too, today. I think I'll also write in to support if it happens again.

cryogent

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
Ok, i think is somehow resolved. I checked the "Run as administrator" in advanced settings(not in compatibility tab) of shortcut and now is working.
Its was to simple and i checked my laptop from this setting and is not checked.
Problably is something related with OS, Windows 7 Ultimate vs Pro on laptop.

Reactions: raveed

raveed

Level 2
Verified
Apr 24, 2016
Ok, i think is somehow resolved. I checked the "Run as administrator" in advanced settings(not in compatibility tab) of shortcut and now is working.
Its was to simple and i checked my laptop from this setting and is not checked.
Problably is something related with OS, Windows 7 Ultimate vs Pro on laptop.

Your post helped me to solve the same problem with ZAM. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.