Troubleshoot Zemana AntiLogger not encrypting keystrokes on Windows Metro Apps

hypotemuse

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 30, 2016
This is a problem that actually pre-existed on Zemana's free antiLogger - when they discontinued the free version recently, I thought I'd give the premium version a trial, but I guess that same errant code found its way into the paid version.

The symptoms are as described above: Every keystroke is encrypted as you would expect on on browsers, and win desktop applications. But the minute you start working in a Metro App (Edge, Windows Mail etc) the keystrokes are logged again.

This is obviously a problem for a premium product that claims to "camouflage" keystrokes to protect against id theft etc.

I've raised the issue with Zemana, who've passed it on to their dev team, though they may take a while so any help would be much appreciated.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
This is a problem that actually pre-existed on Zemana's free antiLogger - when they discontinued the free version recently, I thought I'd give the premium version a trial, but I guess that same errant code found its way into the paid version.

The symptoms are as described above: Every keystroke is encrypted as you would expect on on browsers, and win desktop applications. But the minute you start working in a Metro App (Edge, Windows Mail etc) the keystrokes are logged again.

This is obviously a problem for a premium product that claims to "camouflage" keystrokes to protect against id theft etc.

I've raised the issue with Zemana, who've passed it on to their dev team, though they may take a while so any help would be much appreciated.

What is loging the keystrokes though? Unless you are infected there should be nothing logging anything.

Upvote 0

hypotemuse

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 30, 2016
So it's been a while....If any Zemana AL users could verify that Metro (Universal) Apps on Win 10 are definitely not being key logged, I'd be v grateful. I can then assume it's a localised problem. Developers yet to get back to me.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.