Assigned Zemana Antimalware 3.0 FREE - Discussion & Support Thread

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I thought I would try Zemana again to see if there have been any changes viz Windows 11. Right away, I got an error message that the Zemana SDK failed to install. Okay, so I went searching online and about the third source I found, it seems if you have Core Isolation/Memory Integrity toggled to ON, Zemana doesn't install, or at least didn't on my system.

So, I toggled it to OFF, and ZAM installed fine. No other program had this issue before but anyway...

ZAM promptly found 15 threats in my Roaming profile (related to a harmless Firefox extemsion) that were not flagged by two others. Do you think it's worthwhile to forward it to Zemana or just let it go? I tried before with MSI Afterbuner beta and it never got whitelisted months afterward.

zamthreats.png

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
Arn't we flogging a dead horse here? Maybe they should re-brand it to Zemana anti-tumbleweed. They need to sort themselves out before i even consider installing it again.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
But are those threats actually malware? I recall that ZAM was prone to many fps lately...

Yes, sorry I wasn't more clear. Of course they're false-positives; I was wondering whether anyone had success in convincing anyone at Zemana to whitelist them. I didn't have any luck there with Afterburner. Also, I wanted to see how it worked on Windows 11. It seemed to run fine; it was getting it to install that needed a adjustment in the OS (Memory Integrity to OFF) which I found curious of itself.

Why shouldn't people try something out that's still available without this "flogging a dead horse?" Isn't that the name of the game around here?

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
I thought I would try Zemana again to see if there have been any changes viz Windows 11. Right away, I got an error message that the Zemana SDK failed to install. Okay, so I went searching online and about the third source I found, it seems if you have Core Isolation/Memory Integrity toggled to ON, Zemana doesn't install, or at least didn't on my system.

So, I toggled it to OFF, and ZAM installed fine. No other program had this issue before but anyway...

ZAM promptly found 15 threats in my Roaming profile (related to a harmless Firefox extemsion) that were not flagged by two others. Do you think it's worthwhile to forward it to Zemana or just let it go? I tried before with MSI Afterbuner beta and it never got whitelisted months afterward.

1BWVUWW.png

Agree with oldschool :/ uninstall it now

• HaHa
Reactions: plat and cryogent

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017

Sad but very true! Not happy about this as I thought Zemana had or has potential. AntiLogger hasn't been updated in ages now either from a version perspective... That alone had me wondering about them. I hope for the best though, but as of now I have it removed from my systems. I need to update that thread for system changes - been a quick minute.

Reactions: Moonhorse

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.