Assigned Zemana AntiMalware 3.0 Premium Stable is now avalaible!

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I sent Zemana a message and it didn't solve my question, look here. What do you guys think?
1566883422749.png

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
@Andrew999 I consider that a cold, business-like and disappointing response in light of all the hoopla they whipped up when they returned with their new beta. They asked (begged?) for forgiveness then, and then later proceeded to disappear.

@upnorth I guess MT isn't an official forum for Z but their response is puzzling to say the least, as I indicate above.

And the bottom line is, who relies on Zemana 3.0 or whatever it is now? And who would waste money on the premium version? It looks like most testers rely on the 2.7xx version. I don't miss it.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
@Andrew999 I consider that a cold, business-like and disappointing response in light of all the hoopla they whipped up when they returned with their new beta. They asked (begged?) for forgiveness then, and then later proceeded to disappear.

@upnorth I guess MT isn't an official forum for Z but their response is puzzling to say the least, as I indicate above.

And the bottom line is, who relies on Zemana 3.0 or whatever it is now? And who would waste money on the premium version? It looks like most testers rely on the 2.7xx version. I don't miss it.
I did a search on their site and couldn't find a single reference to MT.

I can understand the frustration from the odd silence as even I as a non customer noted both when the new team arrived, and also now without any notice the communication seems cut for unknown reasons. That said, I see Zemana working on their products and contact is not 100% impossible on their official site, as @Andrew999 proved and people even here on MT should IMO try instead through the official support page as it apparently dosen't work here on MT.

Can guess that after the product was moved to version 3, their crew/staff was satisfied enough with the help. That should of course been communicated. It reminds me of similar cases as it's not the first time things like this happens with companies/vendors here on MT and will for sure not be the last. Heimdal Security did a similar stunt over a year ago when their representatives went up in smoke.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Can guess that after the product was moved to version 3, their crew/staff was satisfied enough with the help. That should of course been communicated. It reminds me of similar cases as it's not the first time things like this happens with companies/vendors here on MT and will for sure not be the last. Heimdal Security did a similar stunt over a year ago when their representatives went up in smoke.

True dat.

MT and Wilders have long histories of driving off vendor reps.

For most of them -- I don't blame them.

When they discover that these communities are really very tiny.... and full of picky sharpshooters.... who often trial things without purchase and/or want things for free... and often take more customer service time than other consumers... and don't seem very appreciative of the vendor reps time... it's no wonder that many of them go away.

I once ran into a vendor rep who spent a lot of time at Wilders for awhile... and then she vanished. She basically stated everything I stated above.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
True dat.

MT and Wilders have long histories of driving off vendor reps.

For most of them -- I don't blame them.

When they discover that these communities are really very tiny.... and full of picky sharpshooters.... who often trial things without purchase and/or want things for free... and often take more customer service time than other consumers... and don't seem very appreciative of the vendor reps time... it's no wonder that many of them go away.

I once ran into a vendor rep who spent a lot of time at Wilders for awhile... and then she vanished. She basically stated everything I stated above.

+1
I think this is something you really have to be careful about. The software distributed free of charge for business development is similar to the online software released by the author for free, but it is not the same.

I personally are more concerned about JM Safe than Zemana....

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I've used & paid for Zemana, (and beta tested it for free) After the review I think was by Leo on The Security Channel' I elected to not use Zemana any longer or recommend it. I've always felt for a long time in addition the an AV solution other software was required, maybe it was, not sure but it was the past? I don't think that now. I do have running HitManPro.Alert (long licence) so I suppose I still do for now.

But I don't feel running plethora of anti-malware programs like 10 years or more ago is necessary if it ever was. I wont go back to Zemana, just my take - It does seem that for expensive additional malware programs time is running out - More so now in the light of WD for free & doing very well.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
...It does seem that for expensive additional malware programs time is running out - More so now in the light of WD for free & doing very well.

True. Most people don't want to pay for more than one security application. And this is why most of the early Antispyware/anti-ransom/antiexploit.... antiblahblah.... evolve into suites. And now that the major suites have all sorts of layers... the other stuff is largly unneccesary.

"ZAM, Bam, thank you Ma'am."

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Is ZAL gonna get updated or something? I'm asking as it didn't get update since lots of months ago...
Previously they said they were focusing on ZAM 3.0 and they’d revisit ZAL or consider adding it to ZAM. But they seem to have abandoned ZAM development, or at least any engagement with the community (they don’t respond to false positive reports anymore). I wouldn’t be too hopeful unless they provide some info on development of products.

alv222

Level 2
Oct 11, 2019
Previously they said they were focusing on ZAM 3.0 and they’d revisit ZAL or consider adding it to ZAM. But they seem to have abandoned ZAM development, or at least any engagement with the community (they don’t respond to false positive reports anymore). I wouldn’t be too hopeful unless they provide some info on development of products.
I think that they were busy with the deepfake sdk... So i don't think it's really dead however their deepfake sdk may give a boost to their company in my opinion... I hope they don't merge ZAL with ZAM

Do they respond to FPs via email?

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I think that they were busy with the deepfake sdk... So i don't think it's really dead however their deepfake sdk may give a boost to their company in my opinion... I hope they don't merge ZAL with ZAM

I don't think you have to worry about that happening. ZAL will be the last thing they update if they ever do.

Do they respond to FPs via email?

They used to. I question whether they do now. I see reports of FPs that are unresolved (no replies, no fixes) here and on other forums.

Reactions: Cortex and roger_m

alv222

Level 2
Oct 11, 2019
I don't think you have to worry about that happening. ZAL will be the last thing they update if they ever do.

They used to. I question whether they do now. I see reports of FPs that are unresolved (no replies, no fixes) here and on other forums.
Anyways they did a lot of work in ZAM in July, June, April and March as you can see in their release notes. Thats why i said that i think that they're busy with deepfake

I agree that ZAL will be the last getting updates.. however it's at v2 wich is better than v3

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.