Status
Not open for further replies.

kev216

Level 20
Content Creator
Trusted
Verified
Thanks for this battle of the on-demand scanners.
Zemana did a very surprisingly good job. I'm going to install it and give it a try.
Hitman Pro did also not bad at all. Malwarebytes was a bit dissapointing imo, but still a very good product.
Btw, how old was this malware?

Der.Reisende

Level 38
Content Creator
Trusted
Malware Hunter
Verified
I'm looking forward to seeing your results, should you want to share...
Here's one, but not the newest. It's not really scientific, also I didn't have VM / SD (and no ZAM) this time, so I could not run the leftovers.
I don't know why Qihoo (CLOUD - like those HEUR thing!) found even more after running a scan with BD / Avira activated, and not before... I did not count out those found by Avira / BD, but these were only a few. Also, some automatic detections popped up while scan with all engines.
It's fun to test such a huge pack, but bring lot's of time with you ;)

At this time, they already had this PUP-detection feature. Config: Security (but with Avira + BD deactivated, Ransomware Protection on (Standard), Scan all files, scan archives, unchecked the "skip archive bigger than 50 MB" option.

Total files: 65.536
Qihoo (Cloud+Signature) only: 56.839 (2 Runs)
Leftover files: 8.697
Avira + BD activated (31.12.2015):
Run 1: 53 (lot's of hits by 360 Cloud)
Run 2: 29 (lot's of hits by 360 Cloud)
Automatic File Protection (all engines enabled): 12
HMP: 142

Leftover (probably clean(ed) files): 8.461

Attachments

StriderHunterX

Level 4
Verified
Thanks for your work.

I still remember last year when Zemana was asking for beta testers for their new product.Awesome, how far they have come.
The software has become one of my prized tools for system cleaning and overall protection.

Both Hitman and MBAM are good,as well...(Which reminds me-I need to renew HMP.A.Good tool,also.)

safe1st

Level 16
Thanks for your work.

I still remember last year when Zemana was asking for beta testers for their new product.Awesome, how far they have come.
The software has become one of my prized tools for system cleaning and overall protection.

Both Hitman and MBAM are good,as well...(Which reminds me-I need to renew HMP.A.Good tool,also.)
Yes, Agreed. ZAM is very good on-demand scanner :)

Currently I have ZAM Portable Free for ondemand scan.

Good to know ZAM did well.
:D ZAM is awesome!

Wihat

Level 3
I can say, do not totally trust herdprotect, just let's it scan, and...rescan with the vendors that herdprotect said as " detected by Avira", rescan with Avira or submit the files to Avira to analysis. DON'T remove the "threat" by Herdprotect.
I'm using MBAM free, will try Zemana soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.