Solved Zemana detected Ghoksa.A!Neng Trojan

smokeyjoe

Level 1
Verified
Hi - this is a copy and paste of my post from a recent thread of someone else having the same issue:

SOLVED - Xemana Antilogger Running but stuck on Ghoksa.A!Neng

Running Windows 7, ran a quick scan with Zemana and it detected
Adware: Win 32/Ghokswa.A!Neng in folder - c:\program files (x86)\temp - pretty much the exact issue of the linked thread.

I don't believe it hung up but I was able to quarantine and everything seemed fine. The Zemana database needed to be updated prior to scan and I updated that after the scan/quarantine. I only mention that because I thought that may have contributed to the next issue: several hours later, KAV 2017 detected malware - ZAM .exe. So I shut down, removed all other HD's, internet access and rebooted.

Kaspersky was not able to remove the "infection" and I was unable to select any programs or desktop links while it was in process of trying to fix the issue.. It was stuck on the removal process - is t normal that system files and such will generate errors during malware removal? I've not had the pleasure of having to do this before; while Kaspersky was seemingly hung up on removing the "infected" ZAM.exe, I tried to open up Firefox and other programs and was met with several errors stating some .dll files were inaccessible (not sure of the exact error/verbiage here).

I restarted several times with the same results. I rebooted to Safe Mode and was able to uninstall Zemana (KAV was not running), then reboot normally and run a scan with Kaspersky and everything was "ok".

Attached the FRST logs for review. I'm curious what these mean. Some items are marked <== ATTENTION.. is that good? LOL o_O
 

Attachments

Appreciate it.. so the logs I uploaded look fine? I'm wondering because there are some things in there that, to my virgin eyes, I don't understand and can be interpreted as fishy.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top