Assigned Zemana new Product?

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cortex

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Several weeks ago (as I follow Zemana on Facebook) Zemana made an announcement of a totally new product coming as I remember very soon. There was some speculation as to what this new product would be, a few suggested a cloud based anti-virus product. I've not heard anything since except that it's again coming soon. Has anyone heard anything about this yet? I'm actually most interested & not the most patient man on earth just wondering if I actually imagined this or was it real.

Paul

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Several weeks ago (as I follow Zemana on Facebook) Zemana made an announcement of a totally new product coming as I remember very soon. There was some speculation as to what this new product would be, a few suggested a cloud based anti-virus product. I've not heard anything since except that it's again coming soon. Has anyone heard anything about this yet? I'm actually most interested & not the most patient man on earth just wondering if I actually imagined this or was it real.

Paul
"Totally" new product :
I have not heard anything about this, so after your post, I'm curious to learn more o_O
There are not a lot of possibilities, so may be an AV !?

W

Wave

Can someone post a link, I can't find anything about this.
https://www.facebook.com/Zemana/pho...003958076039/1164328016943623/?type=3&theater

COUNT DOWN HAS STARTED...
We have worked very hard for a long time to develop a product that is so powerful you won't believe it. Guess what it will be? #WeKeepYouSafe

14045797_1164328016943623_5657366367405008164_n.jpg

W

Wave

"COUNT DOWN HAS STARTED"
=> no clue, no number / days => I hope we won't have to wait months :D
My AV licence end in 31 days :confused:
The possibilities of what they could be developing are really endless because for all we know they've come up with a product where the functionality hasn't been integrated into a product of another service before (e.g. new product of it's kind). Or they are just developing a new product which has been seen before by other services but they want their own independent version of the functionality (e.g. they made an Anti-Malware and many other companies provide these solutions).

Maybe this new product could be an standalone Anti-Exploit, Anti-Ransomware or Anti-Executable software. Honestly, I'd like to see them provide standalone Anti-Ransomware.

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
The possibilities of what they could be developing are really endless because for all we know they've come up with a product where the functionality hasn't been integrated into a product of another service before (e.g. new product of it's kind). Or they are just developing a new product which has been seen before by other services but they want their own independent version of the functionality (e.g. they made an Anti-Malware and many other companies provide these solutions).

Maybe this new product could be an standalone Anti-Exploit, Anti-Ransomware or Anti-Executable software. Honestly, I'd like to see them provide standalone Anti-Ransomware.
They already have Pandora so, I guess it's some type of Internet Security Suite or something similar.
I would be interested in a all-in-one solution :oops:

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
Personally I hope it's not YAAR (Yet Another Anti-Ransonware) program. I don't see why their needs to be a distinction between Anti-Malware and Anti-Ransomware. Why can't one program protect me from all types of malware? I see it as an excuse to sell me two products when I only should need to buy one.

ExoGen CyberSecurity

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2016
Personally I hope it's not YAAR (Yet Another Anti-Ransonware) program. I don't see why their needs to be a distinction between Anti-Malware and Anti-Ransomware. Why can't one program protect me from all types of malware? I see it as an excuse to sell me two products when I only should need to buy one.

Because it's all about money :)

R

Rod McCarthy

Now here is a wonderful opportunity I hope the developers don't waste.

Here is what would be worth it's weight in Gold, and even if it cost 3x as much as a full suite people would buy it.

What is it you ask.....Give us a combo All in one suite, that combines a anti-exe, light sandbox, an anti mal and outbound firewall, Hips, Ai for zero day, light file AV, with cloud also...

If I missed anything feel free to add....But you get the idea.....Something kind of like but much better than all of Comodo's finished, and unfinished products all wrapped into one package.

ExoGen CyberSecurity

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2016

Here is what would be worth it's weight in Gold, and even if it cost 3x as much as a full suite people would buy it.

What is it you ask.....Give us a combo All in one suite, that combines a anti-exe, light sandbox, an anti mal and outbound firewall, Hips, Ai for zero day, light file AV, with cloud also...

If I missed anything feel free to add....But you get the idea.....Something kind of like but much better than all of Comodo's finished, and unfinished products all wrapped into one package.

That's an amazing idea, as someone who uses Comodo for more then 10 years and bash them for slow development and also other issues, a new product that can go 1vs1 will rise the bar.

On the other hand, I don't think other security companies will do that because the can make more tools and sell them for more money. People must keep in mind that computer security is about money and then about security.

PS: Big shout-out to Zemana for deleting the facebook post o_O

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Possibilities:
  • Already released Z AntiLogger 2.0
  • Already released Z Mobile Security with AntiLogger (Android)
  • Z AntiMalware for MacOS
  • Zemana dashboard to manage all devices including Social media accounts
  • Zemana browser extension support
  • Something surprising and we don't know about involving the cloud and hardware
The possibilities are endless.

Last edited:

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016

I was thinking about an AV & anti - malware/ransomware/keylogger.
A company that makes several "separate tools" could do an "all-in-one" product => A Security suite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.