Assigned Zemana new Product?

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ana_Filiz

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 23, 2016
It will be for sure something unexpected, maybe they buy an AV company like AVG in order to become world no.1 AV company with hundreds of thousands of users and millions of $ made from various sources. :) Just kidding, but I think they will release an all-in-one security suite, with firewall, sandbox, hips, anti-exe and AI, becoming a very promising competitor for giants like Kaspersky, Eset, Bitdefender, etc. Time will tell. :p

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Hello I'm Company "hahaha", here are my products :
  • Anti-locky =>15 euros
  • Anti-cerber => 15euros
  • Anti-Cryptowall => 15euros
  • Anti-CryptXXX=> 15euros
  • Anti-js-downloader=> 15euros
  • Anti-vbs-downloader => 15euros
  • Anti-vbe-downloader=> 15euros
  • etc,...
It is a big caricature (nothing to do with Zemana :) ), but to be more serious, it will be interesting if they make a suite with what they already well do + AV part

But I hope it's a real FB post about a real future interesting product...

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I received a reply from my Zemana contact and the comment was......
They like every other security company are always looking to expand their product line.All the present news on forums and other sites are just guessing games and did not come from Zemana.
The Facebook link posted earlier is now this
Ashampoo_Snap_2016.10.03_17h01m50s_001_.png

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
I received a reply from my Zemana contact and the comment was......
They like every other security company are always looking to expand their product line.All the present news on forums and other sites are just guessing games and did not come from Zemana.
The Facebook link posted earlier is now this
View attachment 117228
/disappointed :(

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
If its a cloud based AV, with the direction the market is rapidly moving in
as far as "smart" Av's, cognitive ect. It would be too big a project to be released
this soon from Zemana, unless they are going to release a "dumb down" version
but even that would have a "not so long" life expectancy with the direction the
AV market is heading in. It could be a lot of things, but it would be money foolishly
spent if it is a simple cloud based AV. (jmho)
Will be interesting to see eventually though.
Cool Share.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I'm actually glad they aren't making a new product. Since I feel they should focus on improving the ones they already have.

For example better compatibility between ZAL and 3rd party Antivirus/Security products.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I guess they should lean on anti-exe based like Voodoshield type, where main reference came from Pandora Tech.

Anti-ransomware and other standalone may last for long time but depends on nature of trend (it can be short time); whereas Anti-exe is a must solution for alternative traditional techniques of AV.

boredog

Level 9
Verified
Jul 5, 2016
cruel sister was just saying winantiransome plud should be renamed an anti-exe since it now deals with much more then just ransomeware.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

Cortex

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Interesting: I do follow Zamana on Facebook (for some time) & it was definitely them that announced 'the exciting new product' some weeks ago. Removing the links doesn't' change that. Maybe it didn't work out or perhaps some bright spark on the team gave out info they shouldn't have? I asked a few weeks back on one of the other Zemana facebook announcements for the latest info on this & again was told 'very soon' ,since then nothing. I'm actually quite happy with my security that includes Zemana AM, & I wish them all the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.