Assigned Zemana portable question

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
@TwinHeadedEagle
Hello sir, I would like to ask 1 question about Zemana antimalware PORTABLE
I entered 400-day license for the portable version and then I turned on Realtime Protection. However, there is no option to run zemana portable on startup and when I closed Zemana by clickng the X, zemana portable just closed instead of minimizing into the system tray

My question is:
- What is the point of Real-time protection in the portable version while it cannot be minimized into system tray or run in the background? Also the pro version for portable version doesn't have any difference compared to the free one

Thank you

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
@TwinHeadedEagle
Hello sir, I would like to ask 1 question about Zemana antimalware PORTABLE
I entered 400-day license for the portable version and then I turned on Realtime Protection. However, there is no option to run zemana portable on startup and when I closed Zemana by clickng the X, zemana portable just closed instead of minimizing into the system tray

My question is:
- What is the point of Real-time protection in the portable version while it cannot be minimized into system tray or run in the background? Also the pro version for portable version doesn't have any difference compared to the free one

Thank you

I think it is better to contact support about this via: support@zemana.com

Reactions: Evjl's Rain

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
@Evjl's Rain I would question why you would want the Portable version when you can install the Standard version.

Generally Portable software is intended for run-once or on-demand only.
I want it because portable version doesn't have a service and I don't have to install zemana which will leave traces behind after uninstalling. I noticed that ZAMguardx64.sys (or something) and a trace file were still running and kept updating themselves (modified date matched with the current time) after I completely uninstalled zemana using iobit uninstaller and geek uninstaller several days ago

I think they should remove the realtime protection in portable version and keep only the scanner | or just make portable version running in the background

Crystal Security has a portable version which can run and protect and the background

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.