Troubleshoot ZenMate not connecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalisto

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 30, 2017
Hello everyone i am new to vpn and i am having problem with zenmate i purchased zenmate vpn on friday from that day it is not connecting to any server..even i complaint them abt my problem...if any of u had this problem please reply

Zenmate desktop not connecting and on browser n mobile connecting!

sudo -i

Level 4
Verified
Jan 17, 2017
Hello everyone i am new to vpn and i am having problem with zenmate i purchased zenmate vpn on friday from that day it is not connecting to any server..even i complaint them abt my problem...if any of u had this problem please reply

Zenmate desktop not connecting and on browser n mobile connecting!
I don't have experience with Zenmate, but start yourself off by giving some information about your system (operating system, security software, administrator/standard user, etc).

Reactions: Wave
Upvote 0
W

Wave

Did you contact them via the official support methods? ZenMate Support

I recommend you wait for their response because they can most likely help you with this better than we can since it's most likely a bug, however, do you have any other software installed which you feel may potentially interfere with the ZenMate VPN Desktop client? (e.g. maybe firewall component or other VPN client running?).

You can try to re-install the ZenMate VPN Client for Windows and see if that resolves the problem, I doubt it is an issue with the actual ZenMate servers since you said it's working perfectly fine on the browser extension/mobile version.

Upvote 0

kalisto

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 30, 2017
I don't have experience with Zenmate, but start yourself off by giving some information about your system (operating system, security software, administrator/standard user, etc).

antivirus:-360 total security with windows firewall
administrator

Upvote 0
W

Wave

administrator
If I were you I'd wait for the ZenMate support. Out of interest, is ZenMate Desktop client running as administrator? If not, re-run it with administrative privileges, since it'd need to talk to it's device drivers to function correctly (assuming it utilizes a driver like OpenVPN like CyberGhost does to function).

Upvote 0

sudo -i

Level 4
Verified
Jan 17, 2017
administrator
Hit Start and search for "View Network Connections". Other than your Ethernet/Wireless, do you see any additional (VPN) network drivers installed by Zenmate?

Upvote 0

kalisto

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 30, 2017
If I were you I'd wait for the ZenMate support. Out of interest, is ZenMate Desktop client running as administrator? If not, re-run it with administrative privileges, since it'd need to talk to it's device drivers to function correctly (assuming it utilizes a driver like OpenVPN like CyberGhost does to function).

Sure..but i had open the zenmate setup and it did not show any setup suddenly came with icon n tray on desktop
no openvpn installed

Upvote 0

sudo -i

Level 4
Verified
Jan 17, 2017
Sure..but i had open the zenmate setup and it did not show any setup suddenly came with icon n tray on desktop
no openvpn installed
Oh wow, you're right. I went ahead and threw it on my system. It goes from the EXE installer straight to an icon on your desktop and notification tray. It silently installs a WAN Miniport called ZenMate.

Either way, after slow loading (2 minutes), I successfully connected with my Premium trial. The problem is on your end. Try waiting a bit longer to establish a connection, or reinstall it.

Reactions: kalisto
Upvote 0

kalisto

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 30, 2017
Hit Start and search for "View Network Connections". Other than your Ethernet/Wireless, do you see any additional (VPN) network drivers installed by Zenmate?
Yes it is there.. i hv tried all their solution on zenmate site not connecting....disable firewall n antivirus etc i thnk server or they need to update it

Upvote 0

kalisto

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 30, 2017
Oh wow, you're right. I went ahead and threw it on my system. It goes from the EXE installer straight to an icon on your desktop and notification tray. It silently installs a WAN Miniport called ZenMate.

Either way, after slow loading (2 minutes), I successfully connected with my Premium trial. The problem is on your end. Try waiting a bit longer to establish a connection, or reinstall it.

Hmmm may be i shud try premium trial i thnk..let see if it connect but this is bullshit there is no way to chat just only email n email!

Upvote 0
W

Wave

Hmmm may be i shud try premium trial i thnk..let see if it connect but this is bullshit there is no way to chat just only email n email!
Just be patient, these things can happen all the time when dealing with any software, you were just unlucky... Hopefully they'll have responded to you by tomorrow, how long ago has it been since you last contacted them?

Reactions: kalisto
Upvote 0

kalisto

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 30, 2017
Just be patient, these things can happen all the time when dealing with any software, you were just unlucky... Hopefully they'll have responded to you by tomorrow, how long ago has it been since you last contacted them?

yep..only i am emailing them but they r not reply there r u using bot system first they give problem ticket number and solution link if solution doesnt work then our develpor r going to look into ur problen but no msg

Upvote 0
W

Wave

yep..only i am emailing them but they r not reply there r u using bot system first they give problem ticket number and solution link if solution doesnt work then our develpor r going to look into ur problen but no msg
Just wait and be patient, maybe ask them for an extended subscription (as in, re-renew the days you've been missing out on due to the problem) to make things better.

In the meantime, try the browser extension, you'll still be able to access blocked sites.

Upvote 0

sudo -i

Level 4
Verified
Jan 17, 2017
I don't usually tell people to refund something and purchase something else, but in your case since you're already putting in the effort to email them, ask for a full refund and go with something more reliable. There are quite a few VPN threads made here recently that may sway your decision a different way. Seems to me you're already fed up with ZenMate without even using the VPN yet.

Upvote 0

kalisto

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 30, 2017
Yep bro...they r sending same email again n again we r busy with our work...i hv cancel my subscription n ask for the refund i really fed up..let see...btw is 360 security good?

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thread Unsolved - Closed.

OP has requested a refund and waiting to hear back from ZenMate support about a bugfix for ZenMate for Windows.

For questions about see 360 (Qihoo)

To share your Existing security setup, open a new topic at Security Configuration Wizard

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.