zer0ne Config - Safe & Speed

zer0ne

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 26, 2016
Oh, come on...
d0BJxnS.png
h9G2i
I just have well optimized system, you don't.

look your system 60-70% but you not have only 2gb ram i say all of tham if you have 2gb
Do you see my specs? At this moment I am testing Emsisoft anti-Malware, ZAL Premium, Vodooshield, GlassWire, and Firefox open. As you can see I don't have problems, I only use CCleaner without useless system optimizers.

View attachment 116788

you have more than 2gb ram and your system is 32bit, are you used all of tham software on realtime or on-demand
------------------

look my screenshot
becdd75e19a6ce1457e3b273cbcd1ccc.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ForgottenSeer 55474

zer0ne

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 26, 2016
Thanks for sharing :)

Wise system monitoring is about system processes and hardware information like temperature and memory usage, etc.but you cannot consider it as part of the security real time protection (protect registry?).
Zemana can be used or not, but it is wrong to say that it is not necessary because of Webroot.
39cb80435613ded81357ad8a76e2cfee.png

WiseCare System Protection is nice tool and very very light, tested you do like it

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Oh, come on...
d0BJxnS.png
h9G2i
I just have well optimized system, you don't.
to be honest :D 1Gb on a desktop is >>> than 2Gb in a laptop. I have a desktop with on 1Gb ram, i3 but it works better than 4Gb ram, i5 laptop. btw your CPU usage of firefox is unexceptable. You should do something to bring it down

@zer0ne I suggest you to disable everything except webroot, also disable WD priodic scanning because the detection rate of WD is not great and it is a waste of resources
btw, you should add voodooshield free in autopilot mode -> it works better than zemana realtime IMO and it can protect your from more sophisticated malwares while normal AVs cannot

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
In summary these are the advice/suggestion I could:

1) If you want a very secure desktop: One Security Suite w/ firewall. Webroot security suite by itself is already good enough.
2) If you want a light desktop but secure: Win 10 SRP + Bitlocker + UAC + WD + WFC. All of them are built-in inside Window 10 Pro. Only WFC isn't.
3) Try to avoid surfing crack/warez site. You have no idea what they are and high likelihood to get infected. Why take the risk?
4) Do not be so over confident that security soft are able to protect you. They're just 2nd line of def. The first line of def is you yourself/your surfing behaviour..

adnage19

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
to be honest :D 1Gb on a desktop is >>> than 2Gb in a laptop. I have a desktop with on 1Gb ram, i3 but it works better than 4Gb ram, i5 laptop. btw your CPU usage of firefox is unexceptable. You should do something to bring it down
Don't take it seriously, I was running a Messenger site which is damn heavy, also Youtube video was loading :) Anyway, I have sooo old CPU (Athlon X2 4200) so it's completely normal situation :D

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Hi @zer0ne :)
My System is an ASUS X58L. (Genuine Intel(R) CPU 575 @ 2.00GHz & 2.0GB RAM.)
I would not be too concerned with any possible slowdown from employing the software that others recommend.
I configure lots of security software to work together on my system for fun..
.. and I run ZoneAlarm Firewall, Sandboxie, Shadow Defender, VoodooShield, AppGuard, SpyShelter Premium, Avast Antivirus, Crystal Security, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free, Process Lasso, and Glasswire Free all in Realtime ... and my system runs fine.:)

A few years ago I would use system optimisation software but to be honest I found them to be quite useless.
I now only use CCleaner and Auslogics Disk Defrag as utilities.
If you are still worried about system space and performance then I recommend (If you feel comfortable doing so) removing some of the Microsoft "bloatware" and even killing unneeded system services as these can make a massive difference.

You should have plenty of system resources to run numerous realtime security products..

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Don't take it seriously, I was running a Messenger site which is damn heavy, also Youtube video was loading :) Anyway, I have sooo old CPU (Athlon X2 4200) so it's completely normal situation :D
a little bit off topic but MOD please dont delete this
Add h264ify extension to your firefox. You will see firefox while playing youtube has much much lower CPU
btw firefox has a problem with facebook which causes constantly high CPU usage without doing anything (maybe because of KIS). I switched to waterfox and the problem was solved. Recommend to try it. I can't use firefox

L

LabZero

@zer0ne

you have more than 2gb ram and your system is 32bit, are you used all of tham software on realtime or on-demand

My system is 64 bit and I have 4GB RAM like you, indeed my processor is 1.8 GHz and all my software in real time.

WiseCare System Protection is nice tool and very very light, tested you do like it

I have seen and no doubt it's a nice tool, that's a new feature, an interactive control of registry access.
BTW it is similar to the warning of Qihoo, well, so the antivirus tries to be like a system optimizer (boosting module of Qihoo TS), and the optimizer (Wise Care) tries to make the "antivirus"...
It is easy to think that chinese companies share part of the code between them.
No problem but I'm of the old school and each product must do just its job.

However, this does not affect my previous comment, I don't consider Wise Care as a safety product in spite of this function, so it may not be part of real time malware protection.
Protection of the registry or similar features must be part of a comprehensive and multi-layer security tool and Wise Care is not.

Last edited by a moderator:

zer0ne

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 26, 2016
Updated // 01/10/2016

Changed: UAC Always Notfiy (Maximum)
---------------------------------
Added:
Real-time Malware Protection: Emsisoft Anti-Malware 11.10 | HitmanPro.Alert 3.5.2 | Reason Core Security 1.1
* On-demand Malware Scanners: Kaspersky Security Scan
* Browsers and Extensions: uBlock Origin
* System Tuners, Privacy Cleaners and Encryption: CCleaner | Revo Uninstaller Free | Auslogics DiskDefrag
Removed
Real-time Malware Protection: Windows Defender LPS | GridinSoft Anti-Ransomware | WiseCare 365 System Protection On
* Browsers and Extensions: Disconnect
* System Tuners, Privacy Cleaners and Encryption: Wise Care 365, Iobit Startup Manager, Iobit Internet Booster, Baidu Game Faster, Iobit Program Deactivator, Wise Program Uninstaller

Thanks

zer0ne

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 26, 2016
Updated // 04/10/2016

Added:
Real-time Malware Protection: Zemana Anti-Malware, WiseCare System Protect
* On-demand Malware Scanners: HitmanPro 3.7, SuperAntiSpyware Portable
* System Tuners, Privacy Cleaners and Encryption: Shadow Defender, IObit Uninstaller 6 Pro, Wise Care 365, Clean Master
Removed
Real-time Malware Protection: Emsisoft Anti-Malware 11.10 | Reason Core Security 1.1
* On-demand Malware Scanners: Kaspersky Security Scan
* System Tuners, Privacy Cleaners and Encryption: Revo Uninstaller Free, CCleaner

Thanks
Best Regards

W

Wave

Thanks for sharing, looks good! :)

Nice to see you are using UAC and SmartScreen! :)

BTW Shadow Defender isn't an on-demand scanner but I do understand what you meant. I would remove one of the on-demand scanners though since I don't think 4 is necessary, 3 at max IMO but it's up to you.

I recommend you create a backup and you can do this for free with Paragon Backup & Recovery (free version of course).

One last thing: you made a typo, it's uBlock and not uBloxk :D

zer0ne

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 26, 2016
Updated // 27/11/2016

Added:
Real-time Malware Protection: Kaspersky Antivirus 2017 | GlassWire Free
* On-demand Malware Scanners: Malwarebytes Anti-malware |Norton power eraser
* System Tuners, Privacy Cleaners and Encryption: CCleaner | Wise Registry Cleaner |
* Browsers and Extensions: Avira Browser Safety
Removed
Webroot Secureanywhere IS | WiseCare System Protect |
* On-demand Malware Scanners: HitmanPro 3.7, SuperAntiSpyware Portable
* System Tuners, Privacy Cleaners and Encryption: Wise Care 365, Clean Master
* Browsers and Extensions: Webroot Filter

---------------------------
BTW Sorry and thanks
Spawn for merged

Thanks
Best Regards

zer0ne

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 26, 2016
Updated // 10/12/2016

Added:
Real-time Malware Protection: Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus
* Browsers and Extensions: Kaspersky Protection | Webroot Filtering
* System Tuners, Privacy Cleaners and Encryption: Webroot System Optimizer
Removed
Real-time Malware Protection: GlassWire Free
* System Tuners, Privacy Cleaners and Encryption: Wise Registry Cleaner

Best Regards
zer0ne

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

I thought people had got it by now:no registry Cleaners,the registry is the "brain" on your system:):eek:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
there is no point to use Kaspersky AV with webroot. It's a waste of resource and they potentially conflict each other
KAV and zemana are enough

Reactions: FrFc1908 and Oxygen

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.