Software Review Zero Day Ransomware vs Popular Antivirus and EDR

Reviews reflect the reviewer's setup and methods. Check the evidence and limitations.
Thread details
Content created by
PC Security Channel
I manually redownload the updated installers from the official websites; if the installer is very large, I decrease the frequency of refreshing.
This tool will do the same thing but will automate the process. You will need to configure it first, and then with one click it will check the official website, download the installers, and run them as well if you wish. It does not have its own servers for downloading from; you have to tell it what you want to download and where to look for it.
 
Avast ransomware shield is also solid; it stopped the attack in the video.
Setting it to strict in impenetrable.
Unfortunately MD controlled folder access is equivalent to Avast ransomware shield in "smart" not "strict" mode; can be fooled by a signed malware.
Correct but this video yet again proved how useless is their cybercapture.
 
I don’t think any cloud solutions will upload a 200GB file. There are some limitations to cloud scanning. Avast Hardened mode may have prevented the file from running but I’m not so sure about that tbh.
Then it should not say the file is safe. Plus in my own testing IDP saves Gen Digital's ass 85 out of 100 times but cybercapture saves it maybe 5 out of 100 times
 
Then it should not say the file is safe. Plus in my own testing IDP saves Gen Digital's ass 85 out of 100 times but cybercapture saves it maybe 5 out of 100 times
That sounds pretty shabby. Does that align with people's findings on CyberCapture in general?

I recently decided that Avast might be my sweet spot for a comfortable antivirus with some reasonable behavior monitoring capabilities. Avast keeps things very user-friendly overall. I wonder if there's any tangible difference after turning Core Shields up to high sensitivity?
 
That sounds pretty shabby. Does that align with people's findings on CyberCapture in general?

I recently decided that Avast might be my sweet spot for a comfortable antivirus with some reasonable behavior monitoring capabilities. Avast keeps things very user-friendly overall. I wonder if there's any tangible difference after turning Core Shields up to high sensitivity?
It is okay but not industry leading. Behavior shield does not have any sensitivity settings and core shields settings does not make any difference. IDP is the only saving grace for Gen. In the recent Avast free gui bypass report i shared here the goal of the actors was to bypass only IDP coz they knew their malware would bypass all other Avast defenses.
 
It is okay but not industry leading. Behavior shield does not have any sensitivity settings and core shields settings does not make any difference. IDP is the only saving grace for Gen. In the recent Avast free gui bypass report i shared here the goal of the actors was to bypass only IDP coz they knew their malware would bypass all other Avast defenses.
Full disclosure: My history with antiviruses isn't uniform, but I'm basically just a former Kaspersky user who was orphaned. I've been wandering since.

I'm no fanboy, but I have to believe it's about time for Avast to make some noticeable leaps forward. Gen Digital's 2026 revenue is forecast to be $4.7–4.8B. With Norton engineers now on board and all that cash, you'd think that they would have some impressive R&D and improvements in the pipeline.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top