Zero Malware In 3 Years

DrBeenGolfing

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 16, 2013
Running this setup for 3 years with zero infections. Had one fake AV appear which MSE caught and deleted. Nothing else to report.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Pretty solid setup, as I believed you are really a responsible user. You may do backup routine in case some general PC issues occur so that it will restore just a matter of time.

And add a virtualization software. (i.e: Sandboxie, Bufferzone Pro, Shadow Defender, Toolwiz Time Freeze or etc...) which primarily isolates the real from virtual environment.

DrBeenGolfing

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 16, 2013
jamescv7 said:
Pretty solid setup, as I believed you are really a responsible user. You may do backup routine in case some general PC issues occur so that it will restore just a matter of time.

And add a virtualization software. (i.e: Sandboxie, Bufferzone Pro, Shadow Defender, Toolwiz Time Freeze or etc...) which primarily isolates the real from virtual environment.

Excellent advice! I do use Sandboxie when in the hinterlands of the internet, but that's not very often.
Cheers.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Apart from adding HTTPS Everhere and No Script to Firefox I can't find anything to add. Though I have a question, what is the reason behind a Guest account?

DrBeenGolfing

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 16, 2013
McLovin said:
Apart from adding HTTPS Everhere and No Script to Firefox I can't find anything to add. Though I have a question, what is the reason behind a Guest account?
Didn't have to store any user profile settings, don't have to login, also has the most limited Set of permissions, in other words-it was the easiest to set up and use-me being a "do it the easy way" kinda guy.:blush:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Never thought of using a Guest account, but also I only added the Guest as an option to SCW just last week.

AdBlock is a great alternative to ABP.

I have tried SBIE on this PC, but prefer Toolwiz Time Freeze. Less settings and more straightforward, with File Locker to prevent unwanted changes when testing AV (ie. FP) or other software.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.