Advanced Plus Security ZeroDay MacBook configuration.

Last updated
Nov 15, 2023
Main use of this computer
For work or educational use
Operating system
macOS 14 Sonoma
On-device encryption
macOS FileVault
Device sign-in security
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Not applicable - not running Windows
Smart App Control
Not applicable / not available on this device
Network firewall
Enabled
Real-time protection
I have the firewall configured to block incoming connections.
Device firewall
Built-in Firewall for Mac/Linux
Custom security settings
I don't use an AV on my Mac. I just use Next DNS and security browser extensions and keep my files in iCloud drive.
Periodic malware scanners
I very occasionally install an AV just to give my MacBook a scan and it always comes up as clean.
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
None.
Browsers and extensions
Safari with: Bitwarden and adguard.

Google Chrome with: Bitdefender traffic light, Ublock origin with custom filters and Bitwarden
Secure DNS
Next DNS paid
Desktop VPN
Express VPN.
Password and passkey manager
Bitwarden.
File and photo backups
iCloud Drive and external SSD.
System recovery
Mac OS Time machine once per week.
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Working from home
    • Making audio/video calls
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Sharing and receiving files and torrents
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
    • Streaming from untrusted sites
    • Coding and development
Computer specs
M1 MacBook Air:
M1 Chip
8GB of RAM Which feels like 16gb
256gb SSD
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

SilentKnight is another useful tool for Mac users.

Thanks again. I'll check that out now.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top