ZeroDay's Config. (Updated 22/07/2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
I've gone back to the full CIS suite as I'm just a CIS fanboy as I've just been told over at Wilders. But seriously I know only too well how to use CIS to it's max ability so I don't feel the need to have a separate av anymore, I'll be sticking with CIS.

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Finally you realized that CIS is enough. :) Are you using Chiron's guide or just your own settings?

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
Hi King mellow I'm using my own settings. I have the av set to on access, the hips in safe mode, firewall on custom ruleset, sandbox set to fully virtualized. I've also tweaked the settings within the av, d+ and av categories.

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Oh thanks you man! I'll try your settings.

PS: What will happen if you set your AV to "on access"?

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
King Mellow said:
Oh thanks you man! I'll try your settings.

PS: What will happen if you set your AV to "on access"?

It will just scan files as they are accessed hence on access, it should be set to that by default in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.