ZeroDay's Config. (Updated 22/07/2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
I'll take some screenshots in a minute Earth. As regards the settings it seems to me that Kaspersky have gone out of their way to make everything an extra couple of clicks away. I can feel any impact on my system at all, it feels very light, even web browsing feels fast. It's running great on windows 8 so far.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
Here you go Earth I've created an album with 8 screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/wvXtv

Ram usage:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/FpDkDMZ.png[/IMG]

I will say though that the ram usage is up and down at the moment, the highest I've seen it is 110mb, but even then there's no lag on the system. I'll leave it to settle in for a while and I'll report back an average ram usage tomorrow.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
I'll have a look and post a screenshot for you tomorrow Spywar. I'm in bed on my phone now.

technology

Level 7
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
ZeroDay said:
I'll have a look and post a screenshot for you tomorrow Spywar. I'm in bed on my phone now.

nice to see, KIS uses low ram in this version with no impact on system, what about performance in copying files, scaning,boot and startup time.
have a great test bro. waiting your feedback :D

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
spywar said:
Where is the cloud protection button ? (with stats)

Spyway I've looked everywhere and it seems the cloud protection button with statistics has gone, I can only assume it's going to be a late edition. Surely Kaspersky wouldn't remove that permanently?

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
technology said:
ZeroDay said:

nice to see, KIS uses low ram in this version with no impact on system, what about performance in copying files, scanning,boot and startup time.
have a great test bro. waiting your feedback :D

Hi technology,

So far boottime seems unaffected, as shutdown, copying files. I'm going to run a full scan now and I'll report back how long it took and whether or not it bogs down the system during scan. I'll also be keeping an eye on KIS 2014'S overall performance over the next few days and I'll report back when I have more information.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
A new feature called: Kaspersky application advisor, right click on any program and select Kaspersky application advisor and it'll open up a page like this displaying info for that program http://whitelisting.kaspersky.com/advisor#search/20a58a086392eb041d290b23ab46edef

Edit: Plus you can still check the program on KSN ( Kaspersky security network)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
spywar said:

Open Kaspersky 2014 > Settings > Additional > Feedback > 'Learn more about Cloud Protection'

and voila:

[attachment=5162]

Attachments

• k2014-ksn-stats.png
    k2014-ksn-stats.png
    123.1 KB · Views: 535

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
Thank you.
Be sure that many malware are trusted :)
I am on a french forums where there is a Kaspersky malware hunter, he always check the undetected samples with KSN and sometimes they are trusted.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
Ok just ran a full scan with KIS 2014, it took 20 minutes to scan my 289 gb C: partition of which 253 gb is free space. The memory consumption was around 130mb during the scan & the CPU usage averaged at about 35% I saw it hit 70% but only briefly. I didn't feel any slow downs during the scan. File copying is also fast, as is waking from sleep. So far I'm impressed by KIS 2014. I will more than likely be returning to CIS at some point, I'll then wait for the final of 2014 and test again.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
For what reasons are you switching back to Comodo?

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
I like Comodo's virtualization, not just the full v auto sandbox, but also Kiosk and the ability to sandbox any program. I also like all the other features of CIS, such as the killswitch and CCE intergration and many other features. But KIS is rock solid there's no doubt about it.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
Earth said:
spywar said:

Open Kaspersky 2014 > Settings > Additional > Feedback > 'Learn more about Cloud Protection'

and voila:

Thanks Earth.

Edit: Do you see what I mean though, everything with KIS 2014 is that extra few clicks away.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
Ok so I've found out what I needed to about KIS 2014 so I'm now back with CIS :)

technology

Level 7
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
I Feel CIS is Like our home we try try and try and the end go back to it again:D
thnx ZeroDay for your feedback ^^

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
Haha, Indeed technology. I mainly just wanted to see how KIS 2014 ran, so I got what I needed. I really do like CIS though especially now they've sorted their cloud problems out. I think you would be hard pushed to find a suite that will beat it free or paid.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
A new simplified UI, a few more clicks, but overall it's less overwhelming like I found with having briefly used Kaspersky PURE 3.0 a few months back. For a new user, this is looking good.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
Earth said:
A new simplified UI, a few more clicks, but overall it's less overwhelming like I found with having briefly used Kaspersky PURE 3.0 a few months back. For a new user, this is looking good.

Yeah KIS will serve anyone well I think and as you stated especially new users. I was only giving it a short try to see how it ran & it ran well.

technology

Level 7
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
ZeroDay said:
Haha, Indeed technology. I mainly just wanted to see how KIS 2014 ran, so I got what I needed. I really do like CIS though especially now they've sorted their cloud problems out. I think you would be hard pushed to find a suite that will beat it free or paid.

that's right, there is no av will detect 100% of viruses,so I'm interested in prevention than detection " prevention is always better than cure" and thats what CIS offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.