Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
RE: ZeroDay's Config. (Updated 11/07/2013)

Unless you're speaking of another issue, Comodo updates should be working, http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/updates/vdp/database.php

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author

Hi Earth, Yeah I was getting my updates but Spywar said earlier in the virus exchange that Comodo's back end still wasn't working properly. Personally I just think Comodo is a weak av, but Spywar spends a lot of time with it so I guess he'd know if things aren't right. Either way I'm sticking with BD for now.

Thanks again.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013

ZeroDay said:
Hi Earth, Yeah I was getting my updates but Spywar said earlier in the virus exchange that Comodo's back end still wasn't working properly. Personally I just think Comodo is a weak av, but Spywar spends a lot of time with it so I guess he'd know if things aren't right. Either way I'm sticking with BD for now.

Thanks again.

With comodo it doesnt need a strong av.(which by the way i consider it as good as any other av out there.)
Comodo do not put emphasis on detection but rather on protection and prevention which is why there are other modules with comodo.

Detection is not everything and most programs do not have back up like comodo has.
Thanks.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author

I'm specifically talking about CAV, I still use the rest of Comodo just not CAV. You're entitled to your opinion but CAV is not as good as any other av out there. For example it's not as good as BD, EAM, KAV and a few others. Again I specifically talking about CAV not CIS.

Detection is not everything and most programs do not have back up like comodo has.

CIS has the backup not CAV. But in my opinion Comodo need to do a lot of work on CAV. Again that's just my opinion as you have yours.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013

ZeroDay said:
I'm specifically talking about CAV, I still use the rest of Comodo just not CAV. You're entitled to your opinion but CAV is not as good as any other av out there. For example it's not as good as BD, EAM, KAV and a few others. Again I specifically talking about CAV not CIS.

CIS has the backup not CAV. But in my opinion Comodo need to do a lot of work on CAV. Again that's just my opinion as you have yours.

Your point of view on the comodo av is incorrect.

Cheers.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author

Haha. Trust me it isn't. How many tests done by reputable online testing orgs has comodo av done consistently well in? How many of your own tests have you done with comodo av where it's done well? Comodo av isn't anywhere near as good as the top av's. It's below average.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Do you use Comodo on Linux Mint?

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author

No Earth, I don't use any antivirus on linux mint.

F

ForgottenSeer 8371

Thread author

ZeroDay said:
Temporarily switched back to BDAV+ I'll be trying comodo av again once they sort out the back end issues Spywar has pointed out.

So your current config is Bitdefender Antivirus+ only?
Or BDAV+ and Comodo Firewall?

Because I plan to switch to Bitdefender Free while keeping Comodo Firewall.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author

Hi XVSkulblaka7,

My current config is Bitdefender antivirus plus with comodo firewall.

F

ForgottenSeer 8371

Thread author

Actually, maybe I'll stick to Comodo AV, I just realized that you can't set exclusions on BD Free.
What made you change your AV to Bitdefender exactly?

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author

What made you change your AV to Bitdefender exactly?

I don't consider comodo's av to be very strong compared to the other top av's on offer. But the sandbox makes up for it, so if you want to keep the whole suite you will be fine. I just like an av to also have good detection and I don't consider comodo av to have that. To be fair to comodo though I think they are having problem with their cloud and there's also something going on with their signatures.

F

ForgottenSeer 8371

Thread author

I believe that you change settings on both Bitdefender and Comodo so that they don't conflict with each other?
It seems that Comodo Firewall 6.2 doesn't play well with other AVs, (based on my research)

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author

I didn't change any settings so Comodo and BD didn't conflict. Comodo firewall with defense plus works well with Bitdefender av+.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013

ZeroDay said:
Haha. Trust me it isn't. How many tests done by reputable online testing orgs has comodo av done consistently well in? How many of your own tests have you done with comodo av where it's done well? Comodo av isn't anywhere near as good as the top av's. It's below average.

Okay.
I use the comodo firewall with avast 8.
Do you consider avast a top performing av?

In the small tests with the comodo av i have done it seemed to perform ok.
Thanks.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author

Amiga500 said:
ZeroDay said:

Okay.

Thanks.

I consider Avast to be a better AV than CAV. I use comodo firewall myself. But as I've stated already their AV is terrible.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author

Anyway I'm not going to keep going backwards and forwards on this subject. I don't think Comodo av is very good, you think it's good. That's the end of that for me.

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012

ZeroDay said:
Amiga500 said:
ZeroDay said:

Okay.

Thanks.

I consider Avast to be a better AV than CAV. I use comodo firewall myself. But as I've stated already their AV is terrible.
You have "tested" the AV against a couple of same threats sample set which were all detected on my pc right now btw...
I myself used avast! for over 3 months and found that CAV was picking the undetected samples much faster than avast! after submissions.
72 ransoms with 2/47 detection ratio : Saying CAV 0/72 very bad AV does not make any sense at all...

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author

CAV is not up there with the likes of EAM, BD, KAV etc. I'm sorry but it just isn't at the moment. If CAV was any good and Meliah new it was good he would be right up the asses of AVC so he could get a good score and brag about it, because that kinda thing is right up his street. Fact is the last time Comodo was tested on AVC it did so bad that Comodo wanted the results kept private. Fair enough that was around 2 years ago, but the AV part of CIS isn't up there with the major players, it's not on the same level. No matter how much you love Comodo spywar their AV is crap.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author

Now if you want to continue a discussion on CAV, start a CAV thread because this thread isn't about Comodo in case you hadn't noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.