ZeroDay's Config. (Updated 22/07/2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
RE: ZeroDay's Config. (Updated 10/07/2013)

It does look very impressive. I just feel Comodo offers that little bit extra. I might try online armour at some point though.

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012

Just for fun ^^

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/b373a4ef46286daa91d696f883701109153e12c50233dfb47a10cb42e3a285f2/analysis/

brand new malware

http://www.isthisfilesafe.com/

check SHA1/ 899b74cf7d0d420be2e5820ba70c9c5e79455cdb

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author

Thank Spywar. It looks like Emsisofts cloud trumps Comodo's sandbox lol.

Nedim

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2013

ZeroDay said:
It does look very impressive. I just feel Comodo offers that little bit extra. I might try online armour at some point though.

ZeroDay, what happened with Bitdefender?

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author

Hi Nedim, I didn't have any problems with BD I just thought I'd test out EAM, I am thinking of switching back though as BD's web protection seem to be much stronger than EAM'S.

Nedim

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2013

ZeroDay said:
Hi Nedim, I didn't have any problems with BD I just thought I'd test out EAM, I am thinking of switching back though as BD's web protection seem to be much stronger than EAM'S.

Ok then.....nice to hear that.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author

Uninstalled: EAM
Re-installed BDAV+ Reason: I've just really fell in love with BD :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

ZeroDay said:

Well, you found your true love. :p

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author

McLovin said:
ZeroDay said:

Well, you found your true love. :p

Haha, indeed. I have been running EAM on my other machine and what I've noticed is that Eam updates the BD signatures once, sometimes twice an hour, whereas BD updates every 2-4 hours. Perhaps BD are streamlining the updates for their own products, But It just doesn't seem to make sense, and it may warrant a switch back to EAM on my main machine so I can monitor the BD updates over a longer period.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
RE: ZeroDay's Config. (Updated 11/07/2013)

Uninstalled: Bitdefender antivirus plus.
Installed: Comodo internet security.

Reason: I've done some testing today with the 100 samples uploaded by MalwareCentre and BDAV+ failed miserably, EAM didn't do that great either, but did do better than BD. But Comodo did great! As I understand it from Spywar, Comodo are having problems with their signatures and cloud at the moment, and even though CIS only detected 23 of the 100 samples due to those problems, it's auto sandbox set at full virtualization took care of the rest, the machine with CIS installed stayed spotlessly clean! Nice job Comodo.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author

It let a lot through. It allowed items to be added to start up as well. Maybe EAM doesn't do well in virtualbox. I'm setting VMWare up this weekend so I'll test it again.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012

What kind of malware?

I haven't kept up with CIS since v6, how is it doing with all the bugs? are there still a ton or no?

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author

There were a couple of RAT's, trojans editing the hosts file, changing the dns etc. There was also 2 trojan downloader. It did better than Bitdefender and the machine was still bootable. But it didn't do as well as CIS, tbf though CIS's sandbox took care of most the malware on it's own.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012

CIS is top notch for sure, I just think they rushed it from v5

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author

Yeah there was to many bugs when v6 was released, they should have kept it in beta for a little longer. I don't think CIS's AV is on par with some of the tops ones, but it's got that awesome sandbox, set it to full virtualization and you can kick back and relax. Tweak CIS properly and it's rock solid. This year I've purchased a 3 user license for KIS, BIS and BDAV+ but I'm using Comodo free. I think I'm going to purchase Comodo paid version just to support them financially though. They deserve it.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012

Wow, if you can afford it then more power to ya...the only software i'd actually buy currently is sandboxie and possibly voodooshield

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author

I purchased the KIS & BIS licenses cheap off ebay around £6 each I think and I purchased the BDAV+ license from download crew for £15 for a 3 user license.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012

ZeroDay said:
I purchased the KIS & BIS licenses cheap off ebay around £6 each I think and I purchased the BDAV+ license from download crew for £15 for a 3 user license.

Wow good deals

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author

Temporarily switched back to BDAV+ I'll be trying comodo av again once they sort out the back end issues Spywar has pointed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.