ZeroDay's Config. (Updated 22/07/2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
RE: ZeroDay's Config. (Updated 14/06/1012)

Well HIPS is better than BB'S as far as I know but it adds an extra layer of security :)

BTW...How much ram is Mamutu using, it's been awhile since i've had it installed.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author

I believe Comodo will be implementing a bb in cis 6, I could be wrong but I'm sure I read it somewhere. a2serivice.exe is using - 6mb of ram and mamutu is using 588k

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012

Not bad, CIS will have a bb along with hips? or just bb?

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

CIS "will" have a BB alongside the HIPS.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author

switched to Bitdefender total security 2013, just trying it out for now but so far it's light as a feather :)

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
RE: ZeroDay's Config. (Updated 27/06/1012)

No I uninstalled Mamutu.

P

Plexx

Thread author

I see you have Linux Deepin, one of the Chinese distros that has made some of its name in Europe. I believe they base it on Gnome. Hows the usability?

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author

Hi Bio,

Linux Deepin is by far the most stable distro I've used, It's very user friendly and rather slick too. Deepin doesn't seem to be as buggy as Gnome in other distro's They've obviously put a lot of effort into it's development.

P

Plexx

Thread author

ZeroDay said:
Hi Bio,

Linux Deepin is by far the most stable distro I've used, It's very user friendly and rather slick too. Deepin doesn't seem to be as buggy as Gnome in other distro's They've obviously put a lot of effort into it's development.

Interesting, I shall give it a try soon. Im used to LXDE mainly. Default install takes how much space?

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author

Minimum
Intel Pentium IV 2.0GHz
512MB RAM
5GB Harddisk space

Recommended
Intel Core 2 Duo
1GB RAM
20GB Harddisk space

I'll be installing the 12.06 RC tonight so I will let you know exactly how much disk space.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
RE: ZeroDay's Config. (Updated 28/06/1012)

Switched back to CIS I hated the lack of control with Bitdefender total security, I'm just not that into set and forget I suppose lol. Also Bitdefender seemed to slow down the shutdown of my machine.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author

Oh Bio I tried the new Linux Deepin RC and I wasn't very impressed with a few changes they've made since the last version. Perhaps things will change before it goes final in a couple of days. In the last version they really made a good job on making Libra office look slick, in this version it's just box standard and they've also added mac controls to the windows, it looks a little tacky. Plus they've added their own music player and movie player both of which are in Chinese even though English is selected as the default language during install.

P

Plexx

Thread author

ZeroDay said:
Oh Bio I tried the new Linux Deepin RC and I wasn't very impressed with a few changes they've made since the last version. Perhaps things will change before it goes final in a couple of days. In the last version they really made a good job on making Libra office look slick, in this version it's just box standard and they've also added mac controls to the windows, it looks a little tacky. Plus they've added their own music player and movie player both of which are in Chinese even though English is selected as the default language during install.

I haven't got around to download it yet due to the next project (I think I pm'ed you).

Chinese player? thats the thing about chinese. they do have good products but targeted mainly to asian community.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author

The first release was amazing but as you pointed out this one is defiantly aimed at the Asian community. Oh well there's still another hundred or so distro's lol.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author

Re added: Mamutu.
Added: Standard user account

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
RE: ZeroDay's Config. (Updated 30/06/1012)

Switched back to Bitdefender Total Security 2013.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
RE: ZeroDay's Config. (Updated 02/07/2012)

Removed: Bitdefender Total Security.
Added: Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Online Armour Premium.

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
RE: ZeroDay's Config. (Updated 02/07/2012)

only 2 days with bitdefender, any issues in running it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.