ZeroDay's Config. (Updated 22/07/2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
RE: ZeroDay's Config. (Updated 03/07/2012)

pcjunklist said:
I can't not laugh...

ZeroDay said:
I've decided to stick with this combo for a while, I'm actually starting to really like it.
Haha, I know it's starting to get embarrassing. Way too much time on my hands at the moment Lol.

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012

Sorry for making u feel embarrassed
I would like to know are you using the default settings or have u changed anything ?
Thanks

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

I really want to try Kaspersky, but it's not supported on Windows 8 according to their forum post.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author

I've changed a few settings. I've set all heuristics to high, set the scanner to scan all files both on demand and on access, enabled Geo filter and blocked a few choice countries ;) I've also enabled Anti-Banner, I've set it to automatically block threats via the web filter, to alert me of attempts to change the self defense. the scanners are to to scan archives and a few other little tweaks.

It's strange but even though Kis uses more resources than Emsisoft, it feels much lighter on my system. I've tried KIS a few times now and on more than one occasion I've considered actually buying it so perhaps the 2013 version will actually make me park with my cash.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
RE: ZeroDay's Config. (Updated 10/07/2012)

Removed: KIS 2013 RC
Re-Added: CIS 5.10 and Mamutu.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author

I just love the way CIS runs on my machine and once it's tweaked as per Chirons guide I really don't think much can match it's protection and low system impact. KIS was a little heavy but everything seems a little heavy now I'm used to CIS.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012

ZeroDay said:
I just love the way CIS runs on my machine and once it's tweaked as per Chirons guide I really don't think much can match it's protection and low system impact. KIS was a little heavy but everything seems a little heavy now I'm used to CIS.

" but everything seems a little heavy now I'm used to CIS."

You seem to me as real True Man as you used the correct word for your personal choice in the above sentence that is used to
;)

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

"You love CIS, You love CIS, You love CIS..."

- Umbrapolaris using Hypnosis -

:D

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author

Stranger said:
ZeroDay said:

" but everything seems a little heavy now I'm used to CIS."

You seem to me as real True Man as you used the correct word for your personal choice in the above sentence that is used to
;)

umbrapolaris said:
"You love CIS, You love CIS, You love CIS..."

- Umbrapolaris using Hypnosis -

:D
Haha!

P

Plexx

Thread author

Funny enough that is what I keep saying about ESET. No matter how many times I try to drift away, I keep going back.

Will give some other alternatives a go tho.

hard being a gamer and finding a stable AV solution :)

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012

Yes its a habit of a person for products,actors,sportsman.They favor and support whom they like but I am not loyal/addicted to any person or product :p

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

Biozfear said:
Funny enough that is what I keep saying about ESET. No matter how many times I try to drift away, I keep going back.

i think when you are used to an efficient product for long time without major issues, you keep using it. Now i can't live without my CIS+EAM combo.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author

I used ESET for a few years and I was very happy with it, Then I moved onto Avira and now it's Comodo lol.

P

Plexx

Thread author

Well NOD32 2.7 was still the best one I used from ESET products.

But yeah I do like other products but then again each one of them have useless tools for my needs (not to say they are useless), while some lack some tools for my needs.

Considering the risk of infection I have, any AV solution would be ok for me, but then you have the usual: System slow down or high memory usage or slow scan, or too many popups etc etc.

If only we could customize an AV solution from scratch by designing it....

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012

Great config ZeroDay, do you hear much from Mamutu? mine has been silent since I installed it.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012

ZeroDay said:

I completely agree, I used avast for close to 2 years before CIS and I was happy with it but now I love how CIS runs on all our pc's and it can be configured to be completely silent but powerful!
I still love avast but on my machine sandboxie and avast hate each other :(

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

Depend the setting, i increased the community based response. I have alerts when i install unknown softwares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.