Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
For Windows 7 :

How are you liking Bitdefender?

On-Demand scanners :

Browsers Plugins :
This are a few plugins that will make your live more easy and comfortable:

Visualization:
Even if you submitted a file to virustotal.com and it said that it's clean , you'll need to run it in virtual environment because sometimes infection can be so new that security vendors don't have signs for it.

Visualization software will allow you to browse the web or run another application in a completely safe environment. This is especially useful when visiting high-risk web sites, whether accidentally or deliberately, as the Web browser will be completely contained within the virtual enviroment, preventing any damage to your computer.
A sandbox can also be used to run any other applications which you think may be suspect - you can run the program inside the sandbox to determine whether or not it is safe while remaining completely protected against any malicious actions that it may try to carry out.
I strongly advise you to install Sandboxie and use it when you're browsing the Internet or running shady/unknown programs.
Alternately you can try BufferZone PRO (Free) , another great virtualization software.

Sandboxie (Free/Paid) - link
Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.

Always run suspicious of freshly downloaded files in a Sandboxie to verify that he download isn't compromised!Sandboxie will replicate perfectly your operating system so all the files should run without any problems in it.

Last edited by a moderator:

zizoshx13

Thread author
Nov 25, 2012
McLovin said:
For Windows 7 :

How are you liking Bitdefender?

On-Demand scanners :

Browsers Plugins :
This are a few plugins that will make your live more easy and comfortable:

Visualization:
Even if you submitted a file to virustotal.com and it said that it's clean , you'll need to run it in virtual environment because sometimes infection can be so new that security vendors don't have signs for it.

Visualization software will allow you to browse the web or run another application in a completely safe environment. This is especially useful when visiting high-risk web sites, whether accidentally or deliberately, as the Web browser will be completely contained within the virtual enviroment, preventing any damage to your computer.
A sandbox can also be used to run any other applications which you think may be suspect - you can run the program inside the sandbox to determine whether or not it is safe while remaining completely protected against any malicious actions that it may try to carry out.
I strongly advise you to install Sandboxie and use it when you're browsing the Internet or running shady/unknown programs.
Alternately you can try BufferZone PRO (Free) , another great virtualization software.

Sandboxie (Free/Paid) - link
Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.

Always run suspicious of freshly downloaded files in a Sandboxie to verify that he download isn't compromised! Sandboxie will replicate perfectly your operating system so all the files should run without any problems in it.

Thank you for reply, it's really helped :)

Betdefender not slowing down my PC, no infections, you really can install and forget cuz of Autopilot, but i used to install KIS but it's slowing down my PC and Internet Connection/Speed.

I'll install both Hitman pro and MalwareBytes (i tried it before).

I think i don't need this Plugin.

Thanks for that awesome software i'll use it (Sandboxie).

P

Plexx

@zizoshx13: Decent config. Nothing really to add apart from asking if you do have backups of your system. If not, you can use windows 7 built-in solution which will allow you to mount as another drive or one of the following free solutions: Paragon Backup and Recovery Free, EaseUS Todo Backup, Macrium Reflect.

@McLovin: Still trying to understand why would you recommend SAS. It is no longer what it used to be and since you have already recommended MBAM and HMP there is no need for SAS at all. Take SAS for a test run in comparison with MBAM.

D

Deleted member 178

Biozfear said:
@McLovin: Still trying to understand why would you recommend SAS. It is no longer what it used to be and since you have already recommended MBAM and HMP there is no need for SAS at all. Take SAS for a test run in comparison with MBAM.

im sure he didn't updated his layout ^^

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I can SEE what you mean. :lolz:

Umbra Corp. said:

Do you prefer Sandboxie to Bitdefender's Sandbox?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:

Biozfear said:

Earth said:
I can SEE what you mean. :lolz:

Will do that next time guys. Thanks. :D

zizoshx13

Thread author
Nov 25, 2012
Biozfear said:
@zizoshx13: Decent config. Nothing really to add apart from asking if you do have backups of your system. If not, you can use windows 7 built-in solution which will allow you to mount as another drive or one of the following free solutions: Paragon Backup and Recovery Free, EaseUS Todo Backup, Macrium Reflect.

Thanks, i have never backedup my system, but i'll backup my important files :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.