Software Review ZoneAlarm NextGen Extreme Security 2024

Reviews reflect the reviewer's setup and methods. Check the evidence and limitations.
Thread details
Content created by
Shadowra
Checkpoint Harmony client just got an optimization update so it might soon trickle down to zone alarm.
That's awesome!
might get me to replace eset with checkpoint as currently I'm running checkpoint only on the browser via the extension due to performance impact of it on my system (some users have no performance issues and some do like me )
 
That's awesome!
might get me to replace eset with checkpoint as currently I'm running checkpoint only on the browser via the extension due to performance impact of it on my system (some users have no performance issues and some do like me )
2 years ago I worked in a company that had Checkpoint as Endpoint AV, it was a nightmare. The heaviest AV ever seen. all pc clients were slowing down during all basi activities. Open a program, surfing in the web and so on.
There was a case where the new updated released by Checkpoint has inhibited all process 32 bit in the company, only programs developed in 64bit istrunctions weren't affected. As you can image nothing was working in that moment, we spent 3 days to fix.

I can't even image in which scenario anyone could think to repleace Eset, a great software, with checkpoint
 
2 years ago I worked in a company that had Checkpoint as Endpoint AV, it was a nightmare. The heaviest AV ever seen. all pc clients were slowing down during all basi activities. Open a program, surfing in the web and so on.
There was a case where the new updated released by Checkpoint has inhibited all process 32 bit in the company, only programs developed in 64bit istrunctions weren't affected. As you can image nothing was working in that moment, we spent 3 days to fix.

I can't even image in which scenario anyone could think to repleace Eset, a great software, with checkpoint
I have ESET Nod32 on one win10_VM and Checkpoint Harmony on another win10_VM. Harmony is not slow for me and has not caused me any issues, although it does analyze most (perhaps every) download in its cloud threat analysis which takes a few "extra" seconds, and Harmony's cloud is much faster than ESET Premium LiveGuard, imo.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top