Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 4, 2011
A reliable antivirus
ZONER AntiVirus in English

Zoner AntiVirus is a modern security solution for all your devices. It provides modern antivirus protection for your computer and Android smartphone. Free, no limits, no ads.

hp_zav_final.png
The application is free and designed for Windows 10. The download is currently beta version so it may contain minor errors,
Zoner AntiVirus for Windows focuses on detecting Zero-day vulnerabilities currently spreading across the Internet. It ideally complements system protection with security programs directly in Windows..

The ZAV technology
techno_zav_company.png

Zoner AntiVirus is a modern antivirus system developed for the OS Windows, Linux and Android. The ZAV core is robustly designed, high-performance, and can handle both large-scale mail servers of big corporations and home and business desktop computers.

• Signature-based detection
  • Dynamic code emulation
  • Dynamic and static heuristic analysis
  • Run-time heuristic analysis
  • Targeted and generic decryptors
  • Decompressors of archive formats
  • Regular updates
ZONER Antivirus Technology
A Smarter Antivirus System
Zoner Antivirus is a modern multiplatform antivirus system developed for Windows, Linux and Android OS. The core/kernel? of Zoner AntiVirus is newly designed, high-performance, and can serve large corporate mail servers as well as desktop computers for home and business users.
Intelligent Threat Detection
Zoner AntiVirus kernel detection uses advanced heuristic features to detect threats. Heuristics detects suspicious files (and their startup behaviour) and also detects phishing attacks on users. The Zoner AntiVirus team focuses on developing heuristics instead of adding virus signatures, because using heuristics is more effective for detecting sophisticated masked vulnerabilities. An attacker can easily bypass signature detection, but the behaviour of the code tells the Zoner AntiVirus heuristic shield that it is malicious.
Protection Against New and Unknown Vulnerabilities
Zoner AntiVirus focuses on vulnerabilities from real internet traffic. A virus laboratory analyses samples from dozens of mail servers and analyses them for current threats with the help of smart heuristics.
Zoner AntiVirus (designed for desktops) is an ideal complement to antivirus protection integrated into the operation system (Windows OS). Because of its focus on Zero-day vulnerabilities, it detects current threats before their samples get into conventional large corporation antiviruses.
Zoner AntiVirus Protects Mail Servers Czechia.com
Czechia.com webhosting relies on Zoner AntiVirus technology and uses it to protect its customers´ emails. You can find out more about mail protection against malware and phishing here.
By deploying antivirus protection on mail servers, the provider intercepts and blocks vulnerabilities while receiving mail, eliminating the vast majority of threats before they are delivered to users and endangering them. Viruses and malware will not reach the Czechia.com hosting users’ computer.

Desktop (beta)

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I just installed it and really is terrible. The only scan option is to run a Manual scan. It just does a quick scan and you can't choose what it scans.
For me, it completes in less than four seconds. You also can't run context menu scans.

Edit: @roger_m
Did the ZAV installer upon end of the install progress bar > swiftly invoke machine restart without any info dialog regarding machine restart, for you.
It didn't need a restart.

albyemma

Dec 20, 2019
Using quick heal in my PC for windows 7, as 14th of Jan on wards will not be able to use windows 7, searched for suggestions in social platforms like facebook , any suggestions of antivirus for windows 10?

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Using quick heal in my PC for windows 7, as 14th of Jan on wards will not be able to use windows 7, searched for suggestions in social platforms like facebook , any suggestions of antivirus for windows 10?
You can continue to use Windows 7 after January 14. I wouldn't recommend doing so, as it will no longer receive security updates from Microsoft. But, it will still work. You will however get nag screens, encouraging you to upgrade to Windows 10.

Also, it's important to note, that Windows 7 and 8 users can still upgrade to Windows 10 for free, so there is no need to purchase it. You can still use Quick Heal, it you do decide to upgrade, as it supports Windows 10. But in reality, there are much better alternatives, which provide much better protection, so I would highly recommend ditching Quick Heal.

I suggest that you start a new thread asking for advice, so more people see your post and this thread doesn't go off topic. Not too many people will see a post in a thread about an obscure antivirus.

Last edited:
Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.