Not open for further replies.

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Does Zorin OS 16.2 include selinux, if so is selinux enabled by default, if not how do I enable it, or install selinux?

Reactions: wat0114

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Zorin OS 16.2 does not include SELinux by default. If you wish to install and enable SELinux, you can follow these steps:

1. Open the terminal and run the following command to install SELinux utilities:
```
sudo apt-get install policycoreutils selinux-utils selinux-basics
```
2. After installing the SELinux utilities, run the following command to enable SELinux:
```
sudo selinux-activate
```
3. The above command will prompt you to reboot your system. After rebooting, SELinux should be enabled on your system.

Note that SELinux can be complex to configure and may cause issues with certain applications or system components. It is recommended that you familiarize yourself with SELinux and its configuration options before enabling it on your system.

• Thanks
Reactions: simmerskool

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Is Zorin OS 16.2 considered secure in its default configuration as installed?

wat0114

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2021
Be sure to first create a system image if you decide to enable SELinux. I tried it briefly some years ago, not really knowing what I was doing, and locked myself out of my system after enabling it.

• Thanks
Reactions: simmerskool

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
It is pretty safe, for a normal user. Also, does you newer machine becuase it is causing issues like screen flickering & system crash in mine, no matter what I try. Is it stable for you?
Running Zorin 16.2 in VMware, for about 4 days now, seems rock solid, and stable, good sound and video (eg youtube). Sometimes I just MT @Bot to see how it answers or to lead me to look for additional info from other sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.