22Find is a browser hijacker, which is being promoted via other free programs, and once installed on your computer, it will hijack your browser homepage and replace your default search engine.Futhermore, this program will display ads and sponsored links in your search results, and will colect search terms from your search queries.
22Find search engine got on your computer after you have installed another free software or add-on that had bundled into their installer this browser hijacker. For example, when you install vShare, it set your browser homepage to 22find.com and change your default search engine to 22find.com.However, when you uninstall vShare from your computer, your web browser’s default settings will not be restored. This means that you’ll have to remove 22find.com Search from your favorite web browser manually.
You should always pay attention when installing software because often, a software installer includes optional installs, such as this browser hijacker. Be very careful what you agree to install. Always opt for the custom installation and deselect anything that is not familiar, especially optional software that you never wanted to download and install in the first place. It goes without saying that you should not install software that you don’t trust.
22find.com Search – Removal Instructions
STEP 1 : Uninstall 22Find from your computer
22find has installed two programs (CheckRun22find_uninstaller developed by CheckSoftware and Desk365 developed by 337 Technology Limited) on your computer, which we will need to uninstall.
- To uninstall 22find program from your computer, click the Start button, then select Control Panel, and click on Uninstall a program.
If you are a Windows 8 user, you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there, then select Uninstall a program.
- Search and uninstall CheckRun22find_uninstaller and Desk365 from your computer.
Please note that on some computers these programs might be renamed or missing,search for any program developed by CheckSoftware and 337 Technology Limited , and uninstall it from your computer.
STEP 2: Remove the 22Find residual damage from your browser
22find.com has changed your homepage and default search engine, so we will need to revert these changes.
Remove 22find.com Search from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon (Tools for Windows XP users) at the top (far right), then click again on Internet Options.
- Now in the Internet Options dialog box, click on the Advanced tab, then click on the Reset button.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer settings section, check the Delete personal settings box, then click on Reset.
- When Internet Explorer finishes resetting, click Close in the confirmation dialogue box and then click OK.
- Close and open Internet Explorer again.
Remove 22find.com Search from Mozilla Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu (on Windows XP, click the Help menu at the top of the Firefox window), and select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the Reset Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and be reset. When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open. That’s it – you’re done!
Remove 22find.com Search from Google Chrome
- Remove 22find extension from Google Chrome.
Click the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar, select Tools and then click on Extensions.
In the Extensions tab, remove (by clicking on the Recycle Bin) the 22find extension from Google Chrome.
Please note that in some cases, the 22find extension might have a different name, it’s advised to remove any unknown or unwanted extension from Google Chrome before proceeding with the next step.
- Set Google Chrome default search engine from 22find.com to google.com .
Click the Chrome menu button, then select Settings and click on Manage search engines in the Search section.
Select search.22fin.com from the list and click the X that appears at the end of the row, then select Google (Default) from the list and make it your default search engine.
- Change Google Chrome homepage from 22find.com to its default.
22find.com has modified your Google settings to open their webpage whenever you start your browser, so we will need to revert this change.
Click the Chrome menu button, then select Settings and click on One the New Tab page in the On Startup section.
STEP 3: Clean up the various Windows shortcuts that have been hijacked by 22find
- Search for your browser shorcuts, right click on it and select Properties.
- In the Shortcut tab, in the Target field, remove the http://www.22find.com hijack or any link next to it’s path.
STEP 4: Remove 22Find registry keys with AdwCleaner.
- You can download AdwCleaner from the below link.
ADWCLEANER DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will automatically download AdwCleaner on your computer)
- Before starting this utility, close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Delete, then confirm each time with Ok.
- Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
- NEXT, double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Uninstall, then confirm with yes to remove this utility from your computer.
STEP 5: Run a computer scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- You can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free from the below link, then double click on it to install this program.
MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a download page in a new window from where you can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free)
- When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the setup process. DO NOT make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure you leave both the Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware checked, then click on the Finish button.
- On the Scanner tab, select Perform quick scan and then click on the Scan button to start scanning your computer.
- Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer as shown below.
- When the Malwarebytes scan will be completed, click on Show Result.
- You will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected.Please note that the infections found may be different than what is shown in the image. Make sure that everything is Checked (ticked) and click on the Remove Selected button.
STEP 6: Double check for any left over infections with HitmanPro
- Download HitmanPro from the below link, then double click on it to start this program.
HITMANPRO DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a new web page from where you can download HitmanPro)
- HitmanPro will start and you’ll need to follow the prompts (by clicking on the Next button) to start a system scan with this program.
- HitmanPro will start scanning your computer for malware, as seen in the image below.
- Once the scan is complete,you’ll see a screen which will display all the infected files that this utility has detected, and you’ll need to click on Next to remove these malicious files.
- Click Activate free license to start the free 30 days trial and remove all the malicious files from your computer.