Start.MySearchDial.com is a browser hijacker, which is promoted via other free downloads, and once installed it will add MySearchDial Toolbar, and change your browser homepage and search engine to Start.MySearchDial.com.
Start.MySearchDial.com will display advertisements and sponsored links in your search results, and may collect search terms from your search queries.
Start.MySearchDial got on your computer after you have installed a freeware software (video recording/streaming, download-managers or PDF creators) that had bundled into their installation this browser hijacker.
For example, when you install MySearchDial, you will also agree to change your default browser homepage and default search engine to Start.MySearchDial.com and install the MySearchDial Toolbar.
However, when you uninstall MySearchDial from your computer, your web browser’s default settings will not be restored. This means that you’ll have to remove MySearchDial Toolbar and Start.MySearchDial.com from your favorite web browser manually.
You should always pay attention when installing software because often, a software installer includes optional installs, such as this Start.MySearchDial hijacker. Be very careful what you agree to install.
Always opt for the custom installation and deselect anything that is not familiar, especially optional software that you never wanted to download and install in the first place. It goes without saying that you should not install software that you don’t trust.
How to remove Start.MySearchDial.com browser hijacker (Virus Removal Instructions)
This page is a comprehensive guide, which will remove Start.MySearchDial.com from Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome.
Please perform all the steps in the correct order. If you have any questions or doubt at any point, STOP and ask for our assistance.
STEP 1: Uninstall Start.MySearchDial programs from your computer
STEP 2: Remove Start.MySearchDial from Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome
STEP 3: Remove Start.MySearchDial.com adware with AdwCleaner
STEP 4: Remove Start.MySearchDial.com virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free
STEP 5: Double-check for the Start.MySearchDial.com infection with HitmanPro
STEP 1 : Uninstall Start.MySearchDial programs from your computer
- To uninstall the programs that are responsible for the Start.MySearchDial.com redirect from your computer, click the Start button, then select Control Panel, and click on Uninstall a program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for “control panel“. Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control Panel from there, then select Uninstall a program.
- When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove MySearchDial and any other unwanted or recently installed programs from your computer.
Because Start.MySearchDial is installed with other additional programs, we recommend that you search and uninstall any other unwanted or unknown programs from your computer.
STEP 2: Remove Start.MySearchDial from Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome
Start.MySearchDial has installed a browser extensions (MySearchDial Toolbar), and has changed your homepage and your browser default search engine to Start.MySearchDial.com
Remove Start.MySearchDial.com from Internet Explorer
- Remove MySearchDial extension from Internet Explorer.
Open Internet Explorer,then click on the gear icon (Tools for Windows XP users) at the top (far right) and then select Manage add-ons.
From the Toolbars and Extensions tab, select MySearchDial Helper Object and MySearchDial Toolbar, then click on Disable.
NOTE: Start.MySearchDial.com may have added additional add-ons which you will need to remove. We recommend that you remove any unwanted or unknown add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Set Internet Explorer default search engiwne from Start.MySearchDial.com to Bing.
To change your default search engine, click on the gear icon , select Manage Add-ons, and then, under Add-on Types, click Search Providers.
Select Bing and on click the Set Default button.
To remove Start.MySearchDial.com from Internet Explorer, select MySearchDial and click on Remove.
- Change your Internet Explorer homepage from Start.MySearchDial.com to its default
To change your home page, click on the gear icon , select Internet Explore options, and in the General tab,under the Home page section, click on Use default to restore Internet Explorer default home page.
Remove Start.MySearchDial.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove MySearchDial extensions from Firefox.
At the top of the Firefox window, click the orange Firefox button, then select Add-ons.
Select the Extensions tab, then remove MySearchDial 7.0 and MySearchDial.com from Mozilla Firefox.
NOTE: Start.MySearchDial.com may have added additional extensions which you will need to remove. We recommend that you remove any unwanted or unknown extensions from Mozilla Firefox.
- Reset your default search engine and homepage from Start.MySearchDial.com to their default.
To reset your search engine and homepage to their default, we will use the SearchReset extension.This add-on is very simple: on installation, it backs up and then resets your search preferences and home page to their default values, and then uninstalls itself. This affects the search bar, URL bar searches, and the home page.
You can download SearchReset from the below link, and then we will just need to install it to revert Firefox to its default settings.
SEARCHRESET DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open another web page from where you can download the SearchReset Firefox extension)
Remove Start.MySearchDial.com from Google Chrome
- Remove MySearchDial extension from Google Chrome.
Click the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar, select Tools and then click on Extensions.
In the Extensions tab, remove MySearchDial 8.0.1 by clicking on the Recycle Bin at the end of the row.
NOTE: Start.MySearchDial.com may have added additional extensions which you will need to remove. We recommend that you remove any unwanted or unknown extensions from Google Chrome.
- Set Google Chrome default search engine from Start.MySearchDial.com to Google.
Click the Chrome menu button, then select Settings and click on Manage search engines in the Search section.
In the Search Engines dialog that appears, select Google and click the Make Default button that appears in the row.
Search for Start.MySearchDial.com in the Search Engines list, and click the X button that appears at the end of the row.
- Change Google Chrome homepage from Start.MySearchDial.com to its default.
MySearchDial has modified your Google settings to open their webpage whenever you start your browser, so we will need to revert this change.
Click the Chrome menu button, then select Settings and click on One the New Tab page in the On Startup section.
STEP 3: Remove Start.MySearchDial.com browser hijacker with AdwCleaner
The AdwCleaner utility will scan your computer for Start.MySearchDial.com malicious files and registry keys, that may have been installed on your computer without your knowledge.
- You can download AdwCleaner utility from the below link.
ADWCLEANER DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will automatically download AdwCleaner on your computer)
- Before starting AdwCleaner, close all open programs and internet browsers, then double-click on the AdwCleaner icon.
If Windows prompts you as to whether or not you wish to run AdwCleaner, please allow it to run.
- When the AdwCleaner program will open, click on the Scan button as shown below.
AdwCleaner will now start to search for Start.MySearchDial.com malicious files that may be installed on your computer.
- To remove the Start.MySearchDial.com malicious files that were detected in the previous step, please click on the Clean button.
AdwCleaner will now prompt you to save any open files or data as the program will need to reboot the computer. Please do so and then click on the OK button.
STEP 3: Remove Start.MySearchDial.com virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free utilizes Malwarebytes powerful technology to detect and remove all traces of malware including worms, trojans, rootkits, rogues, dialers, spyware and more.
- You can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free from the below link, then double-click on the icon named mbam-setup.exe to install this program.
MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE DOWNLOAD LINK(This link will open a download page in a new window from where you can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free)
- When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the setup process, then at the last screen click on the Finish button.
- On the Scanner tab, select Perform full scan, and then click on the Scan button to start searching for the Start.MySearchDial.com malicious files.
- Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for Start.MySearchDial.com as shown below.
- When the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan has finished, click on the Show Results button.
- You will now be presented with a screen showing you the computer infections that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has detected. Make sure that everything is Checked (ticked), then click on the Remove Selected button.
STEP 4: Double-check for the Start.MySearchDial.com infection with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is a second opinion scanner, designed to rescue your computer from malware (viruses, trojans, rootkits, etc.) that have infected your computer despite all the security measures you have taken (such as anti virus software, firewalls, etc.).
- You can download HitmanPro from the below link:
HITMANPRO DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a web page from where you can download HitmanPro)
- Double-click on the file named HitmanPro.exe (for 32-bit versions of Windows) or HitmanPro_x64.exe (for 64-bit versions of Windows). When the program starts you will be presented with the start screen as shown below.
Click on the Next button, to install HitmanPro on your computer.
- HitmanPro will now begin to scan your computer for Start.MySearchDial.com malicious files.
- When it has finished it will display a list of all the malware that the program found as shown in the image below. Click on the Next button, to remove Start.MySearchDial.com adware.
- Click on the Activate free license button to begin the free 30 days trial, and remove all the malicious files from your computer.
Your computer should now be free of the Start.MySearchDial.com infection. If your current anti-virus solution let this infection through, you may want to consider purchasing the PRO version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to protect against these types of threats in the future, and perform regular computer scans with HitmanPro.
If you are still experiencing problems while trying to remove Start.MySearchDial.com from your machine, please start a new thread in our Malware Removal Assistance forum.