Battle 360 TS vs. avast! free

Status
Not open for further replies.

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
I am having no problems at all with 360 TS. I think the problems are with certain APP's that are showing up as false positives or are they? Its not unheard of when you download an app off a site it might possibly be bundled with malware/junkware IMO. 360 TS does have a restore feature in quarantine so you are in no danger if it is a true false positive IMO.

Reactions: conceptualclarity

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
i switched from 360TS to avast, 360 is far too heavy on system recourses i was surprised just how light avast is now its like a feather.

I also found ondemand scanning to start up very slow on 360

At the momment im really happy with Avast and comodo firewall
Yes, I agree that avast! is lighter.

The on-demand scan of 360TS is slow because it has to load both Avira and Bitdefender databases to begin.

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
What kind of (noticeable) problems/bugs does 360 TS have currently (latest version)?

So far none with the AV engine it self, it's pretty good actually and the cloud engine is powerful, but I noticed a bug with the "Patch" feature on it, it will detected any vulnerabilities on windows that windows missed? I'm not sure since my windows is up to dated (not the optional one) but 360 TS say I need to patch these missing updates, when I updated it, my windows saying that I never update my windows, however after I re-scan it..it's back to normal and windows told me that my OS is up to dated. I'm not sure whether it's a bug on 360 TS or windows was lying to me :D (although so far no problem)

But I'm not gonna talk about this since this thread is about "Vs and Vs" :D
There is another thread that talking about this Patch feature :)

Reactions: Koroke San

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
i switched from 360TS to avast, 360 is far too heavy on system recourses i was surprised just how light avast is now its like a feather.

I also found ondemand scanning to start up very slow on 360

At the momment im really happy with Avast and comodo firewall
I am not having this problem. Quick scan is about 1 minute on my Win 7 pc. Are you running Win 8 by chance?

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
So far none with the AV engine it self, it's pretty good actually and the cloud engine is powerful, but I noticed a bug with the "Patch" feature on it, it will detected any vulnerabilities on windows that windows missed? I'm not sure since my windows is up to dated (not the optional one) but 360 TS say I need to patch these missing updates, when I updated it, my windows saying that I never update my windows, however after I re-scan it..it's back to normal and windows told me that my OS is up to dated. I'm not sure whether it's a bug on 360 TS or windows was lying to me :D (although so far no problem)

But I'm not gonna talk about this since this thread is about "Vs and Vs" :D
There is another thread that talking about this Patch feature :)
Don't use qihoo TS windows updater coz it was showing me a few updates still remain to done after i install window update from it's default updater. Then i check manually those updates in Microsoft site, what i found 1-2 update which TS was showing are only supported for for XP , for my window 8.1 64 bit & rest 2 update i downloaded, 1 was only support for 32 bit & left one update successfully by me manually. So 360 TS windows updater can't detect sometime which update is for wut OS & for wut architecture.

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
I haven't used 360 TS so my biased answer is Avast! plus I like the Boot Scan feature and I can update it even if the PC I'm repairing have no net connection

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
The only reason why 360 TS has receive so much attention lately is their multiple AV engines which detect more malware samples than most other products. That is the only positive that I can find since Avast is more stable, much lighter, less false positives, from a trusted company that respects user privacy, ads can easily be hidden, offer free support from English speaking forum, etc.

It really surprises me that every time any AV product does better on malware sample tests that it is automatically considered to be the best and all other factors are ignored.

Enjoy!! :D

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
360 TS
Pros:

1. Detection rate
  2. Behavior Blocker
  3. Better clean up

Cons:
  1. WebFilter
  2. Not yet ''finalized'' like 360 Internet Security.
  3. Late Updates
  4. High memory usage in some cases

AVAST
Pros:
  1. Webfilter
  2. Hardened Mode and Evogen
  3. Light on memory

Cons:
  1. Not so light when user is multitasking, after some time Avast become a little bit ''heavy'' on system response
  2. DeepScan (always allow) ...they definitely need to fix that
  3. Average detection rate, it reacts more after execution of the file.
  4. Buggy.........(just visit avast facebook page or their forum,to read what people say) Latest bugs according to users was IE plugin, and grimefighter
  5. Not good at clean up
  6. Their support team (according to users i read in facebook) suck.

This is my personal opinion, as i have tried both programs couple of months ago
Personally i wouldn't use TS or Avast, but i would definitely choose 360 Internet Security.

The choice depends on the user.;)

Reactions: XhenEd

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
360 TS
Pros:

1. Detection rate
  2. Behavior Blocker
  3. Better clean up

Cons:
  1. WebFilter
  2. Not yet ''finalized'' like 360 Internet Security.
  3. Late Updates
  4. High memory usage in some cases

AVAST
Pros:
  1. Webfilter
  2. Hardened Mode and Evogen
  3. Light on memory

Cons:
  1. Not so light when user is multitasking, after some time Avast become a little bit ''heavy'' on system response
  2. DeepScan (always allow) ...they definitely need to fix that
  3. Average detection rate, it reacts more after execution of the file.
  4. Buggy.........(just visit avast facebook page or their forum,to read what people say) Latest bugs according to users was IE plugin, and grimefighter
  5. Not good at clean up
  6. Their support team (according to users i read in facebook) suck.

This is my personal opinion, as i have tried both programs couple of months ago
Personally i wouldn't use TS or Avast, but i would definitely choose 360 Internet Security.

The choice depends on the user.;)
Do you consider avast to be more buggy that 360 total/internet security??

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Do you consider avast to be more buggy that 360 total/internet security??

I am not sure φίλε Niko about Total Security but Avast is definitely not as stable as 360 Internet Security.
Total security is still under development while Internet Security is a finalized product.
As about Avast, i describe what i read + my personal opinion as i have used avast couple of months ago.
Avast is not so stable as 360 INTERNET SECURITY.
Avast is very light in the beginning, but after some weeks it will become more ''heavy'' on system response (i use music and media software and i multitasking a lot).
Qihoo IS on the other hand is very light on system resources,and i didn't experienced any slowdown even when i open/close,programs & multitasking.
For a product to be ''light'' in memory doesn't mean that the program will be also ''light'' on system response.
Qihoo 360 INTERNET SECURITY is the perfect balance, of memory usage,system response,detection,stability.
If you like my personal opinion Qihoo INTERNET SECURITY is the best free (and not only) AV on the market today.
And i repeat that it is only my personal opinion, and my personal experience i had with these software and my machine.

Άντε και με την Νίκη σήμερα τα βράδυ....;)

Last edited:

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
I am not sure φίλε Niko about Total Security but Avast is definitely not as stable as 360 Internet Security.
Total security is still under development while Internet Security is a finalized product.
As about Avast, i describe what i read + my personal opinion as i have used avast couple of months ago.
Avast is not so stable as 360 INTERNET SECURITY.
Avast is very light in the beginning, but after some weeks it will become more ''heavy'' on system response (i use music and media software and i multitasking a lot).
Qihoo IS on the other hand is very light on system resources,and i didn't experienced any slowdown even when i open/close,programs & multitasking.
For a product to be ''light'' in memory doesn't mean that the program will be also ''light'' on system response.
Qihoo 360 INTERNET SECURITY is the perfect balance, of memory usage,system response,detection,stability.
If you like my personal opinion Qihoo INTERNET SECURITY is the best free (and not only) AV on the market today.
And i repeat that it is only my personal opinion, and my personal experience i had with these software and my machine.

Άντε και με την Νίκη σήμερα τα βράδυ....;)
Your experience about Avast is interesting! Thanks for the info! I also find 360 very light if avira & bitdefender engines are not enabled.
Καλή μας τύχη το βράδυ!! Are you greek too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.