Advice Request Eset + osarmor or hitmanpro.alert ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

vonvon

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
Does adding Osamor or Hitmanpro.alert to Eset smart security premium make sense or is it too much or is it useless ?
Knowing that I am not competent enough to adjust the hips of eset..

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Adding either OSArmor or HitmanPro.Alert to ESET Smart Security Premium can provide additional layers of security, but whether it makes sense or not depends on your specific needs and preferences.

Both OSArmor and HitmanPro.Alert are designed to enhance the security of your system by providing advanced behavior-based protection. They can help detect and block malicious activities that traditional antivirus software may miss.

OSArmor focuses on protecting your system by monitoring and blocking suspicious processes and behaviors. It includes a set of predefined rules that can help protect against various types of threats, such as ransomware and exploit attacks. OSArmor is known for its lightweight nature and ease of use, making it a good choice for users who are not comfortable adjusting the HIPS (Host Intrusion Prevention System) settings of ESET.

On the other hand, HitmanPro.Alert is a comprehensive security solution that offers real-time protection against a wide range of threats, including ransomware, banking Trojans, and zero-day exploits. It includes features such as advanced malware detection, behavior-based protection, and anti-ransomware capabilities. HitmanPro.Alert also integrates well with ESET and can complement its existing security features.

While both OSArmor and HitmanPro.Alert can provide additional security, it's important to consider the potential impact on system performance and compatibility. Adding multiple security tools can sometimes lead to conflicts or performance issues. Therefore, it's recommended to test the compatibility and performance impact before deploying both tools alongside ESET Smart Security Premium.

Ultimately, the decision to add OSArmor or HitmanPro.Alert to ESET Smart Security Premium depends on your specific needs, level of technical expertise, and comfort with adjusting security settings. If you are not confident in adjusting the HIPS settings of ESET, OSArmor or HitmanPro.Alert can be a valuable addition to enhance the security of your system.

F

ForgottenSeer 103564

consider adding Voodooshield aka CyberLock with ESET
The user seems to have some experience with VS from 2017 looking in his postings.

@vonvon Would you state you have decent to above average user habits? When is the last time you were infected? With those asked for you to consider, would you be more comfortable running windows built in securities with something like hitman pro.alert ect. Do you really need all that security, that last question again hinges on your habits.

vonvon

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
Do you really need all that security, that last question again hinges on your habits.

Thank you for your answer.

That's a good question, my internet surfing is generally reasonable, even if I don't ban myself from questionable sites. I don't download anything, but my wife and sometimes a young adult will use this machine regularly and don't worry about computer security.

But perhaps the security of Eset is actually enough?

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 103564

That's a good question, my internet surfing is generally reasonable, even if I don't ban myself from questionable sites. I don't download anything, but my wife and sometimes a young adult will use this machine regularly and don't worry about computer security.

With good habits it's enough. Among those good habits is backing up everything incrementally, verifying before you click or execute, ect.

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I'd lean more towards OSArmor or Voodooshield :)
HitmanPro Alert would be + for mitigation in case of Ransomware or exploit attacks... ESET detection is already very good, I don't see the point of HPA with ESET...

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

Does adding Osamor or Hitmanpro.alert to Eset smart security premium make sense or is it too much or is it useless ?
Knowing that I am not competent enough to adjust the hips of eset..
I wouldn't recommend using tools like OSArmor or CyberLock if you're not confident in your ability to use ESET HIPS. Efficient usage of these programs also requires some know-how. HitmanProAlert is redundant with modern suites like ESET. In your situation, ESET with an ad blocker should suffice.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Useless bloat. I agree with @rhythm
In your situation, ESET with an ad blocker should suffice.
@vonvon if you feel you need more protection then follow the link above. And remember to stay safe, not paranoid! :cool:

partha_roy

Level 3
Well-known
Oct 16, 2022
AVG Free, with the hardened mode should be more than sufficient for your needs; you could password protect it to keep your wife and child from making any accidental changes to its settings

If you have ESET Premium, I don't think you will need any extra software; please note though that I have not tested ESET; however, with AVG, I can attest to its capabilities

Last edited:

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016

I think if you use a standard account, at least to the young person that use the computer sometimes, you should be covered. And if you download anything, make it a habit to scan everything with a good on demand scanner like Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool or Nortons Power Eraser. They are both free.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.