Serious Discussion Hasleo Backup Suite 3.0 launches with file backups and other improvements

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
Does Hasleo create a boot menu like MR?
In the MBR, yes and in my case exactly the same situation. It takes minutes for MBR to boot to restore. Weirdest thing I've ever encountered where everything related to WinPE drags on for minutes. I deleted all of it, re-downloaded the WinPE, twice or maybe three times in the past couple of days. Same thing. Macrium boot, both DVD and MBR, works fine as did Aomei's before I removed Aomei.

Reactions: Digmor Crusher
F

ForgottenSeer 100397

In the MBR, yes and in my case exactly the same situation. It takes minutes for MBR to boot to restore. Weirdest thing I've ever encountered where everything related to WinPE drags on for minutes. I deleted all of it, re-downloaded the WinPE, twice or maybe three times in the past couple of days. Same thing.
You stated you "downloaded the WinPE". WinPE download is optional. The default WinPE is available for use. To use the default WinPE, proceed with adding the boot menu or creating an emergency disk and selecting no options. The default WinPE works flawlessly on all my systems. Have you tried the default WinPE? I suggest giving it a go.

Using the download WinPE option prevents you from creating the default WinPE, and vice versa. Removing the related files is necessary to recreate WinPE.
1. If you have the Hasleo boot menu, go to "Tools" and select "Remove Boot Menu".
2. Hasleo makes a "boot" folder in the C drive. Delete both the .SDI and .WIM files from it.
3. Open the Hasleo folder in Program Files. Remove the "winpe.iso" file from the "bin" folder.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

ForgottenSeer 100397

I didn't se that from Hasleo, although Macrium does exactly that (~2gig).
I didn't find any yet, either, nor any .SDI or .WIM files

Every version of Hasleo includes the boot folder. If I'm correct, the creation of WinPE produces the folder.

2023-11-23_034146.png

Reactions: I Walk MY Way

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
Bit the bullet and got a new computer today, an ASUS Vivobook. No clue wherher that was a good or bad choice, but the price was right. Put Hasleo on it along with my other software and ran a backup. It worked just like it's supposed to, less than 3 minutes to do a system backup. Restore took under 7 minutes and was perfect.

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
Decided to give it a try, doing a backup now, 18 minutes in and it shows another 63 minutes to go.:(

I guess my computer is probably the issue, 11 year old desktop, 12 gb ram, 2 year old SSD.

Edit: Nope, cancel and uninstall, will try again with new computer. I do find it way less confusing than Macrium.

Last edited:

wat0114

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2021
My laptop is 5 yrs old, 8 GB RAM, mechanical hdd.

Backup from within Windows 11> 11:30, booted to the WinPE boot menu in 30 sec, Delta Restore> 9:38.

My image storage drive is an external, mechanical 1 TB Western digital connected with a standard USB-A cable. I don't have anything documented, but the speeds with Hasleo were far quicker than with Terabyte IFW, and at least noticeably faster than with Macrium free.

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
My laptop is 5 yrs old, 8 GB RAM, mechanical hdd.

Backup from within Windows 11> 11:30, booted to the WinPE boot menu in 30 sec, Delta Restore> 9:38.

My image storage drive is an external, mechanical 1 TB Western digital connected with a standard USB-A cable. I don't have anything documented, but the speeds with Hasleo were far quicker than with Terabyte IFW, and at least noticeably faster than with Macrium free.
I was backing up to a Samsung 500 GB drive with USB as well. My C drive is only 160GB so you would think it should have been fairly fast. Usually my computer is still pretty fast booting, opening web pages etc so not sure why it would have taken so long.

wat0114

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2021
I was backing up to a Samsung 500 GB drive with USB as well. My C drive is only 160GB so you would think it should have been fairly fast. Usually my computer is still pretty fast booting, opening web pages etc so not sure why it would have taken so long.

It seems mileage can vary for inexplicable reasons from user to user with these image/restore programs. Just like Terabyte IFW being so dreafully slow on this same device, when for so many others it's blazing fast.

wat0114

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2021
Just created a Rescue media on a spare usb drive I found, using Rufus, as Balena Etcher failed, to burn the iso I exported to Desktop. Tested it and it works great (y)

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 100397

Defender with Configure Defender and WHHL.
Using system hardening tools can affect a program's functioning. Can you attempt a backup using the system's default settings? CD has a reset to default function, and I guess WHHL has a similar feature.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.