Serious Discussion Hasleo Backup Suite 3.0 launches with file backups and other improvements

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
Using system hardening tools can affect a program's functioning. Can you attempt a backup using the system's default settings? CD has a reset to default function, and I guess WHHL has a similar feature.
I will try one day but Hasleo is uninstalled for now. Thanks.

Reactions: Dave Russo

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I just got a new backup ssd (still in the box) -- I think I'll look at veritas (been a long-time macrium user -- have not had a reason to test it -- or see it fail) It looks like veritas is only, or primarily, a cloud backup solution -- not seeing any price, it says "request a call from sales" that is usually costly. Is the cost friendly?

n8chavez

Level 17
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
I just got a new backup ssd (still in the box) -- I think I'll look at veritas (been a long-time macrium user -- have not had a reason to test it -- or see it fail) It looks like veritas is only, or primarily, a cloud backup solution -- not seeing any price, it says "request a call from sales" that is usually costly. Is the cost friendly?

It's more of a small business solution. I've never heard of home users using it.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Veritas has a few backup solutions. The particular one I use is Veritas System Recovery 23. Veritas bought the Symantec product of the same name a few years ago and updated it. At the core it's essentially Symantec Ghost which had been around for many years, and (most importantly for me) it's ultra rock solid.

Regarding the Macrium failures, few, other than the overly obsessed (yours truly) rarely do any extensive failure testing of Imaging software (time consuming, boring, and a pain) as is assumed that all such solutions will act without fault; sadly this is not the case.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Veritas has a few backup solutions. The particular one I use is Veritas System Recovery 23. Veritas bought the Symantec product of the same name a few years ago and updated it. At the core it's essentially Symantec Ghost which had been around for many years, and (most importantly for me) it's ultra rock solid.

Regarding the Macrium failures, few, other than the overly obsessed (yours truly) rarely do any extensive failure testing of Imaging software (time consuming, boring, and a pain) as is assumed that all such solutions will act without fault; sadly this is not the case.
...fwiw I used Ghost so long ago, I don't even remember when. I will look at Veritas System Recovery 23, thanks.

Xtwillight

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2014

I Walk MY Way

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 27, 2013

Hasleo has 1 big flaw

My friend has been using it for a while 2 days ago he got hit by a ransomware attack, His backups were on a stand alone hard drive. When he connected the hard drive to his computer to do a restore. It got hit by the ransomware. Hasleo needs some kind of anti ransomware protection

n8chavez

Level 17
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
What @Acadia said. Or, he could have stored his backups, external or not, in an access-controlled folder. Windows security can do that for you. The only imaging program that has anything liker that is Macrium Reflect, with its Guardian feature. Not even Terabyte's IFW has that feature, and it's one of the best ever. The bottom line, you cannot do a hot restore anyways so why even connect the drive whilst hot? That's dumb.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Why are there two websites? Which one is the real?

Reactions: simmerskool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.