Win 8 Security System is a computer virus which will display fake security alerts,reporting that malware has been detected on your computer.This alerts are professional looking pop-ups and when you click on them, you are advised to buy Win 8 Security System in order to remove the detected threats.
In reality, none of the reported issues are real, and are only used to scare you into buying Win 8 Security System and stealing your personal financial information.
Apart from the bogus alerts,as part of its self-defense mechanism,Win 8 Security System has disabled the Windows system utilities, including the Windows Task Manager and Registry Editor,and will block you from running certain programs that could lead to its removal.
Win 8 Security System has also changed your registry keys so that when you try to run a file with a .exe extension , it will display a boug alert saying that the file is infected and stop you from starting any program.
If your computer is infected with Win 8 Security System,then you are seeing this images:
We strongly advise you to follow our Win 8 Security System removal guide and ignore any alerts that this malicious software might generate.Under no circumstance should you buy this rogue security software as this could lead to identity theft,and if you have, you should contact your credit card company and dispute the charge stating that the program is a scam and a computer virus.
Registration codes for Win 8 Security System
As an optional step,you can use the following license key to register Win 8 Security System and stop the fake alerts.
Win 8 Security System license key: 8F42D6E3-FD18
Please keep in mind that entering the above registration code will NOT remove Win 8 Security System from your computer , instead it will just stop the fake alerts so that you’ll be able to complete our removal guide more easily.
Win 8 Security System Removal Guide
STEP 1 : Start your computer in Safe Mode with Networking
- Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts.Please keep in mind that you need to press the F8 key before the Windows start-up logo appears.
Note: With some computers, if you press and hold a key as the computer is booting you will get a stuck key message. If this occurs, instead of pressing and holding the “F8 key”, tap the “F8 key” continuously until you get the Advanced Boot Options screen.
- On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode with Networking , and then press ENTER.
STEP 2: Remove Win 8 Security System malicious proxy server
Win 8 Security System may add a proxy server which prevents the user from accessing the internet,follow the below instructions to remove the proxy.
- Start the Internet Explorer browser and if you are using Internet Explorer 9 ,click on the gear icon (Tools for Internet Explorer 8 users) ,then select Internet Options.
- Go to the tab Connections.At the bottom, click on LAN settings.
- Uncheck the option Use a proxy server for your LAN. This should remove the malicious proxy server and allow you to use the internet again.
If you are a Firefox users, go to Firefox(upper left corner) → Options → Advanced tab → Network → Settings → Select No Proxy
STEP 3: Repair your Windows Registry from Win 8 Security System malicious changes.
Win 8 Security System has changed your Windows registry settings so that when you try to run a executable file (ending with .exe ) , it will instead launch the infection rather than the desired program.
- Download the registryfix.reg file to fix the malicious registry changes from Win 8 Security System.
REGISTRYFIX.REG DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will automatically download the registry fix called registryfix.reg)
- Double-click on registryfix.reg file to run it. Click “Yes” for Registry Editor prompt window,then click OK.
STEP 4: Run RKILL to terminate known malware processes associated with Win 8 Security System.
RKill is a program that will attempt to terminate all malicious processes associated with Win 8 Security System,so that we will be able to perform the next step without being interrupted by this malicious software.
Because this utility will only stop Win 8 Security System running process, and does not delete any files, after running it you should not reboot your computer as any malware processes that are configured to start automatically will just be started again.
- While your computer is in Safe Mode with Networking ,please download the latest official version of RKill.Please note that we will use a renamed version of RKILL so that Win 8 Security System won’t block this utility from running.
RKILL DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will automatically download RKILL renamed as iExplore.exe)
- Double-click on the iExplore.exe icon in order to automatically attempt to stop any processes associated with Win 8 Security System.
- RKill will now start working in the background, please be patient while the program looks for various malware programs and tries to terminate them.
IF you are having problems starting or running RKill, you can download any other renamed versions of RKill from here.
- When Rkill has completed its task, it will generate a log. You can then proceed with the rest of the guide.
WARNING: Do not reboot your computer after running RKill as the malware process will start again , preventing you from properly performing the next step.
STEP 5: Remove Win 8 Security System malicious files with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware FREE
- Download the latest official version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware FREE.
MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a download page in a new window from where you can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free)
- Start the Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware installation process by double clicking on mbam-setup file.
- When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the setup process. Do not make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure you leave both the Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware checked. Then click on the Finish button. If Malwarebytes’ prompts you to reboot, please do not do so.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now start and you’ll be prompted to start a trial period , please select ‘Decline‘ as we just want to use the on-demand scanner.
- On the Scanner tab,select Perform full scan and then click on the Scanbutton to start scanning your computer.
- Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for Win 8 Security System malicious files as shown below.
- When the scan is finished a message box will appear, click OK to continue.
- You will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected.Please note that the infections found may be different than what is shown in the image.Make sure that everything is Checked (ticked) and click on the Remove Selected button.
- Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware will now start removing the malicious files.After completing this task it will display a message stating that it needs to reboot,please allow this request and then let your computer start in Normal mode.
STEP 6: Double check your system for any left over infections with HitmanPro
- You can download the latest version of HitmanPro from the below link.
HITMANPRO DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a download page in a new window from where you can download HitmanPro)
- Double click on the previously downloaded fileto start the HitmanPro installation.
IF you are experiencing problems while trying to start HitmanPro, you can use the Force Breach mode.To start HitmanPro in Force Breach mode, hold down the left CTRL-key when you start HitmanPro and all non-essential processes are terminated, including the malware process. (How to start HitmanPro in Force Breach mode – Video)
- Click on Next to install HitmanPro on your system.
- The setup screen is displayed, from which you can decide whether you wish to install HitmanPro on your machine or just perform a one-time scan, select a option then click on Next to start a system scan.
- HitmanPro will start scanning your system for malicious files as seen in the image below.
- Once the scan is complete,you’ll see a screen which will display all the malicious files that the program has found.Click on Next to remove this malicious files.
- Click Activate free license to start the free 30 days trial and remove the malicious files.
- HitmanPro will now start removing the infected objects.If this program will ask you to restart your computer,please allow this request.
STEP 7: Remove Win 8 Security System malicious registry keys and other hijacked settings
Win 8 Security System has sadded some malicious registry keys to your Windows installation , to remove this malicious changes we need to run a scan with RogueKiller
- While your computer is in NORMAL MODE,please download the latest official version of RogueKiller.
ROGUEKILLER DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will automatically download RogueKiller on your computer)
- Double click on RogueKiller.exe to start this utility and then wait for the Prescan to complete.This should take only a few seconds and then you can click the Start button to perform a system scan.
- After the scan has completed, press the Delete button to remove any malicious registry keys.
- Next we will need to restore your shortcuts, so click on the ShortcutsFix button and allow the program to run.