Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
unfortunately no internet explorer for windows 8 :(

i never make back-up discs. if my windows goes irreparable i simply re-install windows.

thanks for the info ... re-install windows, of course is also a possibility...

Reactions: OneDay
ا

الشمس

Thread author
You should try then Firefox or my beloved Opera

i used to be a hard core fan of the old opera...but i dumped opera ever since opera went from presto to webkit.

i would rather use mozilla's firefox than a browser that even looks like google chrome.

i do use mozilla firefox once in a while.

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
i used to be a hard core fan of the old opera...but i dumped opera ever since opera went from presto to webkit.

i would rather use mozilla's firefox than a browser that even looks like google chrome.

i do use mozilla firefox once in a while.
Why, again, the hate for Google?
Google is the master of user-content.

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
Why, again, the hate for Google?
Google is the master of user-content.
Let me agree here... Your hate to Google is understandable.. (I am a hater, too :p)
But don't forget their browser is based on Chromium, something completely different.. It has nothing to do with Google.. Chromium-based browsers are not bad at all and are quite safer..

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
sherlock holmes too was amazing ;)

you belittle the privacy part...invasion of privacy is the main reason i detest google.
Everybody invades your privacy. Your antivirus (no matter whichever you use), your websites (including MalwareTips ; court's orders) , your TV, your ISP, your co-workers, and...yourself.

You should as well as hide from the govt, because they're the mastermind behind privacy invasion.

Last edited by a moderator:
ا

الشمس

Thread author
Chromium-based browsers are not bad at all and are quite safer

i guess i am just loyal to microsoft & internet explorer. i trust microsoft with my data but not apple & google.

which is why i prefer windows mobile over android & ios.

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
i guess i am just loyal to microsoft & internet explorer. i trust microsoft with my data but not apple & google.

which is why i prefer windows mobile over android & ios.
There are almost no apps for Windows Mobile. Why do you trust M$? It's a little ludicrous so say, but I've never owned a legit copy of any Windows I've ever owned. Minus Windows 3.1, which was my first Windows PC.

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
I'll try to get a summary of what's happening here.
Why aren't you upgrading to Windows 8.1 yet ?
What are your computer specs ?
What was your last known malware infection ?
Why aren't you running Internet Explorer 11 yet ? I thought it came by default under Windows 8 ?
You're running way too many Antiviruses at the same time, altought Windows Defender is more of an Antimalware.

ا

الشمس

Thread author
Why aren't you upgrading to Windows 8.1 yet ?

i personally think windows 8.1 should have been just a service pack rather than a whole new operating system.

in windows 8.1 i see no real temptation besides internet explorer 11.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Actually, IE11 requires Windows 7 SP1.

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
i personally think windows 8.1 should have been just a service pack rather than a whole new operating system.

in windows 8.1 i see no real temptation besides internet explorer 11.

If you want to receive security updates in the future, I strongly suggest you to update to Windows 8.1 as Windows 8 support will be dropped way sooner than expected because of Windows 8.1.

Actually, IE11 requires Windows 7 SP1.

Will precise it in the future.

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
are you saying MalwareTips snoops on my data ? does MalwareTips invade my privacy when i am online ?
Not since you agreed in Terms of Service....
But yes, it collects some data of yours..

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.