“Your Video Player might be outdated” pop-up virus

kat

New Member
Hi,

When I try to browse a video from the internet I get the following message: "You are currently browsing the web with Google Chrome and your Video Player might be outdated". It prompts me to update it and when I refuse the update I get stuck in that page.
I followed step by step the instructions provided in your website:
http://malwaretips.com/blogs/your-video-player-might-be-outdated-removal/
but the problem persists.

I'm not sure it's a virus or if I really need that update. I didn't want to install any unknown software without checking with an expert first. Could you help me?

Thanks!
 

Attachments

Download attached fixlist.txt on the same location as FRST (otherwise the fix won't work)

Open FRST, and click Fix. Attach me that report after it is finished.




Please download zoek.zip or zoek.rar by smeenk (
Zoek_icon.png
) from here or here and save it to your Desktop.
Unpack the archive...
  • Close any open browsers
  • Temporarily disable your AntiVirus program. (If necessary)
    If you are unsure how to do this please read this or this Instruction.
  • Double click on zoek.exe to run the tool .
    Please wait while the tool does not start...
  • Copy the text present inside the code box below and paste it into the large window in the zoek tool:

    Code:
    autoclean;
    emptyclsid;
    emptyalltemp;
  • Click on
    Run%20Script%20by%20zoek.png
    button.
    Please wait until a logreport will open (this can be after reboot)
  • Save notepad to your Desktop and attach here zoek-results.log
    Note: It will also create a log in the C:\ directory named "zoek-results.log"
 

Attachments

Hi again,

I have updated the original message with the fixlog from FRST.
I'm running the zoek but it's been stuck in chrome backup for the last hour and a half. I can't see any "status" icon, so I'm not sure if the scan is still in progress. Is that normal? should I wait until a log file automatically pops up?

Is there something I can do to fix the problem in the meanwhile?

Thanks again; I really appreciate your help.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top