100% CPU Usage, multiple process of dllhost.exe, explorer.exe and iexplore.exe.

TimH

Thread author
Verified
Sep 27, 2014
Ran fix log attach attached. Ran ESET log attached. The extra explorer.exe process has vanished. Extra dllhost.exe and iexplorer.exe processes remain.

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 116
  • ESETPoweliksCleaner.exe_20141228.153920.7588.log
    739.6 KB · Views: 23

TimH

Thread author
Verified
Sep 27, 2014
Thank you for all your help. :)

I created a second account on the computer "Protected Account". When I used it to start up, there were no extra iexplore.exe or dllhost.exe processes. Under applications there wasn't anything listed (like the numerous instances of internet explorer on the "Tim Heidner" account).

It seems to be isolated to the "Tim Heidner" account. I have attached a new FRST.txt and addition.txt ran from the "Protected Account" account in the off chance that it could give any clue to what is going on.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    48.1 KB · Views: 37
  • FRST.txt
    39.7 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.