Expired 2020 Advent Calendar

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Promo page
https://www.computerbild.de/Download-Adventskalender-2020-22690701.html
Event start
Dec 1, 2020
Event end
Dec 24, 2020
How to get a license
You can get free software (although they may or may not be useful) :)

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Did any body get FS- Freedom today from chip.de? I downloaded and got a PUP !:D:LOL:

You probably got the "installer from chip.de" that's a tool like PUP flagged by major AVs

I'm from Germany and tried to enter this promotion without VPN, but doesn't work anymore here at the moment:

vpn.png

Last edited:

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
We should consider the fact that millions of users around the world trying to participate on this promotion even using VPN with German servers,
F-Secure offering Freedome VPN only in Germany, so we cannot blame why it's impossible to send millions of license-keys to users around the world...

Note for everyone: Yesterday at evening, I was lucky on mobile, finally got my license-key! (but keep in mind that I have a real IP from Germany).

EDIT: official statement from chip.de:
"The advent calendar promotion has been expired!
Due to the large number of visitors, the campaign site was temporarily overloaded and unavailable..."
Source: F-Secure Freedome VPN (1-Jahresversion) - Download - CHIP

Last edited:

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
We should consider the fact that millions of users around the world trying to participate on this promotion even using VPN with German servers,
F-Secure offering Freedome VPN only in Germany, so we cannot blame why it's impossible to send millions of license-keys to users around the world...

Note: Yesterday at evening, I was lucky on mobile, finally got my license-key! (but keep in mind that I have a real IP from Germany).
Did you get the license through the mail?
I installed it but it only gave me 30 days.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Did you get the license through the mail?
I installed it but it only gave me 30 days.
There wasn't required any e-mail to send your license-key, I just had to click on the button "Continue" (check screenshot below), if this error wasn't shown anymore... then my license-key was visible to me, without to create an account of F-Secure.

key.png

sona

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2013
Thank you for nothing F-Secure. Sorry, but i am realy angry
F-Secure did really something not right with us :p . I thought that i would be getting something useful last day(expecting a vpn). It was there but of no use. I am happy with keepsolid(previous giveaway 6+6=12m) 😇
Off topic: Today i checked a old notepad file and found a panda dome complete upto 2025 🥴

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
It worked, but you needed an obscure VPN. The more common VPNs like Windscribe were recognised. I tried with KeepSolid and was lucky. The F-Secure website is good at detecting multiple requests from the same VPN severs and I think thats when it gave error messages. However it sounds like home users in Germany were also being blocked !

Last edited:

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
However it sounds like home users in Germany were also being blocked !
This part was true in my case, I have been trying for several times always without any VPN, but no luck until I tried last time on mobile yesterday at evening.

The reason why all didn't work for everyone, "statement" from chip.de
official statement from chip.de:
"The advent calendar promotion has been expired!
Due to the large number of visitors, the campaign site was temporarily overloaded and unavailable..."
Source: F-Secure Freedome VPN (1-Jahresversion) - Download - CHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.