Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
22 years ago, on February 17, 2000, Microsoft released the further development of Windows NT under the name Windows 2000 – internally the part was called Windows NT 5.0.
Brings tears to my eyes when I look at the system requirements: Pentium processor with 133 MHz, 64 MB RAM, a 2 GB hard disk with at least 650 MB free space and a CD-ROM drive.
And with that part we could somehow just work – no need for online accounts, a start menu that worked, and, and, and.
Long time ago.
Details have been collected by the guys and gals at Wikipedia.

1645180423546.png

F

ForgottenSeer 92963

I was still on Windows95 with my overclocked IBM486 DX2 which had a base frequency of 40 mhz (instead of 33) with a base multiplier of 2 (hence the DX2 suffix).

In those day you had to replace the 'crystal' to up the board frequency from 33mhz to a whopping 40 mhz. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.