Advice Request 32 bit vs 64 bit OS windows 7

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindows

Thread author
Aug 19, 2011
So most of the Windows users would have questions about the 32 bit and 64 bit OS...

Here is the answer!

So what OS do you use?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 178

the only benefit that a x86 system has on a x64 one is the various HIPS and Sandboxie work better.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
the only benefit that a x86 system has on a x64 one is the various HIPS and Sandboxie work better.

true. Hopefully CIS 5.8 lives to it's reputation, to be as solid for 64 as it is for 32bit :)

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
I don't think CIS said that x64bit is now as good as x86 did they? Just that there are improvements.

Either way 64bit provides tons of benefits for virtually no downsides.

I

illumination

Hungry Man said:
I don't think CIS said that x64bit is now as good as x86 did they? Just that there are improvements.

Either way 64bit provides tons of benefits for virtually no downsides.

From what i gather from before, CIS version 5.8 64bit when finished will be just as strong and secure as the x86 version..

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Plus the main reason that I have chosen 64 bit is that I use the RAM that I have intended to use :D

D

Deleted member 178

thewolfsmith72 said:
From what i gather from before, CIS version 5.8 64bit when finished will be just as strong and secure as the x86 version..

very good :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.