Not open for further replies.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
2 Great things.

1. You can now download antivirus definitions of Avira and BitDefender for 360TS from the essentials website.
2. No more bloat.

What I'd like to see is that the Toolbox should be still present and SpeedUp, CleanUp features can be turned on-demand by the user if they want to from the Toolbox. This is considering that when Firewall is implemented it can still be turned on in Essentials.

Last edited:

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Still no answer from them about the Essentials and Internet Security....but like the user yesnoo mentioned, they fix their website making clear that:
360 Essentials IS THE NEW INTERNET SECURITY

Reactions: silversurfer
D

Deleted member 2913

2 Great things.

1. You can now download antivirus definitions of Avira and BitDefender for 360TS from the essentials website.
2. No more bloat.

What I'd like to see is that the Toolbox should be still present and SpeedUp, CleanUp features can be turned on-demand by the user if they want to from the Toolbox. This is considering that when Firewall is implemented it can still be turned on in Essentials.
How to add avira/bd databases into 360 if I download the databases from website?
Should I enable avira/bd?

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
How to add avira/bd databases into 360 if I download the databases from website?
Should I enable avira/bd?
First enable Avira/Bitdefender engine while you are offline so that it doesn't download definitions automatically. Then double click the .exe file of Avira/Bitdefender signatures that you downloaded and it will install.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
It seems there is already a fixed cause two websites from 360totalsecurity.com and 360safe.com both showing corresponding products Qihoo TS and TS Essential show, so in the conclusion likely it replace already the term of IS and adjusted the features to be enforce.

Countryboy_MN

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2013
I'm using 360 IS now and BitDefender's engine is still being updated. Will I at some point be made to up grade to 360 TSE?:(

fantac

Verified
Feb 11, 2015
Where can I download the 360 Internet Protection extension for Chrome? It's only available for Firefox and now I can't find it in the Chrome Web store.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
I'm using 360 IS now and BitDefender's engine is still being updated. Will I at some point be made to up grade to 360 TSE?:(

Restart your PC and uninstall 360 Internet security (the old one) ***.
Go to their website and download the 360 Total Security Essentials and install it.
Total Security Essentials is the new Internet Security.

*** Do NOT use any 3rd party uninstallers as some problems may happen according to users posts here.

Reactions: Countryboy_MN

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Can please someone tell me how many RAM, 360 Essentials is using with BOTH engines (Bitdefender & Avira) enabled?

D

Deleted member 2913

Installed/Uninstalled it.
I installed just to see how it is & liked it.

There are no help files so that I know what features does what.
Like I dont know what all to disable HIPS part.
Dont know file analysis option is ondemand or realtime protection.
Dont know what is the upload part in the downloader & what & how much does it upload.
Dont know what online shopping protection does & sites supported.

I did full scan of the system.
And it detected host exception (may be unchecky as it adds something in host) - guess this is correct detection.
Unexecutable .exe prob - But no such prob on the system.
Detected Unknown as Chrome standalone setup, Rollback Home setup & 2 others dont remember now but they were safe programs too.

I have send an email with few queries to Qihoo about 360 TSE.

Reactions: Countryboy_MN

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Can please someone tell me how many RAM, 360 Essentials is using with BOTH engines (Bitdefender & Avira) enabled?

realtime protection only with Qihoo Cloud-Engines RAM: 30-50 MB

real-time protection with Avira-Engine enabled RAM: 50-70 MB

real-time protection with BitDefender-Engine enabled RAM: 180 MB

VladDracul

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
RAM usage with all the engines enabled-34 MB.
PS.I don't know why i can't post a screenshot.

bild.php

Alzie

Level 1
Verified
Well-known
May 3, 2014
states when installed must have at least 2GB of memory to enable avira and bitdefender engines

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.